Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default ICC: Getting asked for translation and embassy certification in Greece

I'm trying to charter a rib for a day in Greece. The owner is insisting I need to provide a certified greek translation of the license.

I've scoured Google including the Greek Coast Guard website and can't find anything about this. Non eu licenses seem to require translation and certification but it seems EU issues licenses and ICC should be accepted.

I can't find anything definitive in either direction on general comments on other charters websites.

I've dropped the RYA a note but no response yet (it's the weekend)

Has anyone else come across this?

Default Re: ICC: Getting asked for translation and embassy certification in Greece

British issued ICC has a Greek translation on the back, where did you get your ICC from? My ICC was accepted in Greece, no problems, both for hiring and Greek insurance.

Default Re: ICC: Getting asked for translation and embassy certification in Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Davy_S View Post
    British issued ICC has a Greek translation on the back, where did you get your ICC from? My ICC was accepted in Greece, no problems, both for hiring and Greek insurance.
    Just checked mine and you are right, strangely enough never noticed it before

Mine is issued by the RYA. It has a paragraph on the back in Greek basically saying its an ICC and part of resolution 40. I've also found an explanation in Greek on the RYA website. However that doesn't cover the embassy certification.

Ok, you say you are trying to hire a rib, a rib with more than 15hp on the back requires an ICC (if you are a Brit) for a normal grp hull its over 30hp that requires one, ICCs have different categories, some are for sail, some for power up to 10 metres, some are for both, up to 24 metres, it depends what yours is, if you just have an ICC for sail, it is doubtful if they will hire you a rib with 250 ponies on the back, you would be better clarifying what ICC you have, and what you are trying to hire, you will then get given advice from peeps on here.
    Last edited by Davy_S; 17-08-19 at 14:29.

Mine is an RYA ICC and accepted without question in Lefkada.

I would show him the ICC and the cash that he would have got from the charter, then theatrically put it away and find someone else to charter a boat from.

Quote Originally Posted by rafiki_ View Post
    Mine is an RYA ICC and accepted without question in Lefkada.
    What i was trying to establish (in order to help the poster) what sort of ICC has he got and what does he want to hire, when you say your ICC was accepted, what was it accepted for? the OP has not clarified which ICC or what hp he wants to hire.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowerPower View Post
    I would show him the ICC and the cash that he would have got from the charter, then theatrically put it away and find someone else to charter a boat from.
    Given the latest deaths were only a week ago, I doubt if the owner of the boat will risk it if the OP doesn't have the right license.

https://www.thelocal.fr/20190810/fre...t-accident/amp

Quote Originally Posted by Grubble View Post
    Given the latest deaths were only a week ago, I doubt if the owner of the boat will risk it if the OP doesn't have the right license.

https://www.thelocal.fr/20190810/fre...t-accident/amp
    Exactly, i posted it here because it involved ribs. http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread...-boat-accident

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast