Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Practicalities of twin mooring lines

My mooring pennant - or pennants if I go down that road, hook over a samson post a foot high. I think that if they jump off, it'll be the least of my worries

Alahol, thanks for the idea about the Inglefield clips - that could be a good way to keep them together, so the buoy picks up both lines. Either that or I use polyprop so it'll float.

This is starting to look doable, so I'll take some measurements over the next few days. Am I right in assuming that the length of a pair of rope pennants would be about 18" longer than the current chain to put the boat in about the same place?
    Steve
    Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Quote Originally Posted by Stemar View Post
    how well do your strops stand up to UV? Given that I have to pay for new chain for my present strop every couple of years or so, would I be right in thinking that they would last just as well? Do you make up your own, or buy them ready made?
    See: POLYSTEEL - UV-RESISTANT & STRONG POLYPROPLENE ROPE
    MontyMariner.co.uk
    Facilitated by AWESEM WP Agency

Quote Originally Posted by LadyInBed View Post
    EYE marine ( http://www.mooringequipment.co.uk/ro...steel-8-strand )made up my risers from 38-40mm polysteel. Soft eye and hard eye in each. I'm sure they would also make strops although polysteel is not that difficult to splice yourself. Wasn't overly expensive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12