Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 75
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    292

    Default Re: 2 persons vs. 8 persons aboard

    Quote Originally Posted by cstewart37 View Post
    Hi Peter,

    I have attached a picture of how my outboard is mounted as can see its mounted at the maximum height.

    This would be the first thing you need to look at as you are running a 15” prop that should not be far away in size & if you have to lift engine you can then look at prop options.

    All the best CS.

    Attachment 79916
    Thank you very much, CS.

    As most advises here, I will check the mounting position first.

    By they way, if you have chance, would you please take a photo when the engine is lowered?

    I would like to see the distance from your prop to the transom bottom. Thank you very much.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    292

    Default Re: 2 persons vs. 8 persons aboard

    I just found a picture that shows the engine and the transom.

    IMG_1590.JPG

    I can't see which screw holes are used from this picture, but I will check it next time I go the marina.

    Is this correct or too high?

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    essex
    Posts
    7,983

    Default Re: 2 persons vs. 8 persons aboard

    Get an auto trim system,not a lot of money & will solve problems.
    I had an under powered Doral many moons ago & it was a different boat after fitting.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    214

    Default Re: 2 persons vs. 8 persons aboard

    Hello Peter,

    I've been following this thread with interest...

    I have an L6 200 verado and the ventilation plate is set to about 75 mm above the keel. Much more than a " normal" outboard.

    This is partly as the prop on the verado is set back further than traditional outboards. This means the water behind the transom is rising the further it is away meaning the prop won't ventilate.

    I have the standard Enertia 15 x15. This replaced a Rev. 4 17".

    My boat has 100 hp per tonne. With the 300 on yours it's exactly the same.

    With full fuel, low water and 4 adults in choppy sea I can do 35 knots. One up I have achieved 37.6 so not a great reduction with load.

    I achieve 6000 WOT with full load...

    I have also tried the 13" Enertia but didn't notice much difference.

    You do not need a Rev.. 4 prop, the Enertia is a superb prop which grips better than the Rev. 4.

    The blade diameter increases as you reduce pitch and the 13" has a diameter of 15.6" so that may be worth a try.

    Good luck with sorting out your speed issues..

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    292

    Default Re: 2 persons vs. 8 persons aboard

    Quote Originally Posted by rubberduck View Post
    Get an auto trim system,not a lot of money & will solve problems.
    I had an under powered Doral many moons ago & it was a different boat after fitting.
    I have "ActivTrim" from Mercury.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    292

    Default Re: 2 persons vs. 8 persons aboard

    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Property View Post
    Hello Peter,

    I've been following this thread with interest...

    I have an L6 200 verado and the ventilation plate is set to about 75 mm above the keel. Much more than a " normal" outboard.

    This is partly as the prop on the verado is set back further than traditional outboards. This means the water behind the transom is rising the further it is away meaning the prop won't ventilate.

    I have the standard Enertia 15 x15. This replaced a Rev. 4 17".

    My boat has 100 hp per tonne. With the 300 on yours it's exactly the same.

    With full fuel, low water and 4 adults in choppy sea I can do 35 knots. One up I have achieved 37.6 so not a great reduction with load.

    I achieve 6000 WOT with full load...

    I have also tried the 13" Enertia but didn't notice much difference.

    You do not need a Rev.. 4 prop, the Enertia is a superb prop which grips better than the Rev. 4.

    The blade diameter increases as you reduce pitch and the 13" has a diameter of 15.6" so that may be worth a try.

    Good luck with sorting out your speed issues..
    Thank you very much, HP.

    Would you mind share what boat do you have?

    From your description, there is a big mistake on my engine mounting height. I will remember the number you said, "75 mm".

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    214

    Default Re: 2 persons vs. 8 persons aboard


  8. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    214

    Default Re: 2 persons vs. 8 persons aboard

    I found some photos of when I raised my engine and seems that it's 90 mm not 75 mm above the keel bottom!IMG_20180523_151858.jpgIMG_20180523_151940.jpg
    Last edited by Hot Property; 26-08-19 at 06:26. Reason: Typo

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    north ayrshire
    Posts
    435

    Default Re: 2 persons vs. 8 persons aboard

    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Property View Post
    I found some photos of when I raised my engine and seems that it's 90 mm not 75 mm above the keel bottom!IMG_20180523_151858.jpgIMG_20180523_151940.jpg
    Your tape isnt measuring to the av plate the av plate is the one directly above the propeller which looks like about 25mm above keel line

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    214

    Default Re: 2 persons vs. 8 persons aboard

    Quote Originally Posted by Beamishken View Post
    Your tape isnt measuring to the av plate the av plate is the one directly above the propeller which looks like about 25mm above keel line
    I stand corrected thank you. 25 mm it is!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest YBW News

Find Boats For Sale

to
to