Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Default Re: So what has gone wrong this year ?

I did a fair amount of preventative maintenance and upgrades but this season I just had to deal with a broken bilge pump in the bathing platform, a small fuel leak on the engine supply (loose connection) and putting a new rope on the passarelle.

Quote Originally Posted by mikef View Post
    Sorry to hear about your trials and tribulations but a big +1 for Elba from me. It has some fabulous anchorages and if you can get a berth in Portoferrairo thats a great place to spend a few days. Its also well worthwile renting a car and exploring the island because parts of it are stunning
    Totally agree. Spent a couple of nights in Portoferrairo and could have done a lot longer. Had a great anchorage outside Porto Azurro as well. Took MapisM advice and spent a night in Giannutri on way down to Ponza which was also totally the right call, thanks M. BTW Capraia is a total gem and if you make friends with the lady who runs the capitineria who is delightful then easy to get berths in the high season. One of my favourite places.

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    I did a fair amount of preventative maintenance and upgrades but this season I just had to deal with a broken bilge pump in the bathing platform, a small fuel leak on the engine supply (loose connection) and putting a new rope on the passarelle.
    Given there was a thread a while ago about the cost of those ropes you have my sympathy!

Quote Originally Posted by jrudge View Post
    Given there was a thread a while ago about the cost of those ropes you have my sympathy!
    That's why I made my own!

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    That's why I made my own!
    What sort of fix is that and @ J how much are they ?

Mines been scragged up by a loose grub screw ...and I,am reminded every time we sunbath

For those unfamiliar it’s some strange elasticated rope that retracts neatly in theory, and extends tight to make a useable ish ? Hand rail .
    Last edited by Portofino; 11-09-19 at 13:58.

From memory the new rope, which comes complete with the end fittings and the stanchion caps is about £300. The rope that I removed had a steel core, no idea what it was. I reused the end fittings and stanchion caps. Cost about 10 euros.

I didnít think itamas had hand rails !

I think whiteligher bought one

May - before launching the stern-drive plastic trim sensor broke so no trim indication to starboard, stuck turbo starboard engine at launch renewed, Raymarine GPS goes blank with some lines reminding of the good old signal TV days
    July - port side engine temperature not working fixed
    August - autopilot goes crazy after 5-10 mins and starts slaloming (I imagine a compass correction still not done), one of the cockpit lights Led stops working fixed

I think that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
    Totally agree. Spent a couple of nights in Portoferrairo and could have done a lot longer. Had a great anchorage outside Porto Azurro as well. Took MapisM advice and spent a night in Giannutri on way down to Ponza which was also totally the right call, thanks M. BTW Capraia is a total gem and if you make friends with the lady who runs the capitineria who is delightful then easy to get berths in the high season. One of my favourite places.
    Thanks for the tip on Capraia. We've passed it twice going south to Sardinia in 2014 and going north again in 2016 and it looked a bit forbidding from seaward. Also the pilot book was not exactly gushing about the place so we didnt bother calling in but we'll certainly try to visit next time we are in the area

Not tempting fate by posting earlier didnít go exactly according to plan having just had to replace the calorifier which had leaked and drowned the batteries which then also needed replacing. What fun we had cutting out the bunk room wall to gain access with a boat full of guests and no hot water. (Sealine T46) .Earlier in the season we had to replace some worn hydraulic hoses on the passerelle and an air con control panel but on the upside my Williams managed to not let us down once which is a first and the boat got used constantly which makes the man maths easier

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910