Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: So what has gone wrong this year ?

Quote Originally Posted by jrudge View Post
    I have posted before that how something so simple can go wrong so often and be totally unrepairable to boot I cannot understand.

I used to fix them and 48 hours later they would go wrong again. I don't bother now I just buy a new one. I think the float switches object to being immersed in shampoo! The last time in Palma this was wallet busting E250 as I recall. Only £100 ish in the UK but of course I need it NOW!
    Have you tried theses ?
    Seem shampoo and bilge carp proof -diesel / oil / that morph into soap spillages
    I,am gradually swapping over as the floats die .They fit in the shower box .

https://www.bosunbobs.com/en/gb/Whal...ch/m-1357.aspx

it was chatting with Whiteligher the other day. He believes there is a market for a real life boat brochure. Sadly I am not sure it would take off as no boats would be sold.

In my experience new boats have as many ( more) issues - it is just that some other bugger is paying to fix it!

it was chatting with Whiteligher the other day. He believes there is a market for a real life boat brochure. Sadly I am not sure it would take off as no boats would be sold.

In my experience new boats have as many (more) issues - it is just that some other bugger is paying to fix it!
    Yep, people aren't told or refuse to believe that things like sliding roofs require annual servicing and maintenance. There's certainly no mention of that in the brochures!

Heaven knows what it's going to take to maintain boats like the Princess R35 where everything is computerised.

Quote Originally Posted by CLB View Post
    Perhaps when you are next on the boat you could be kind enough to take a pic. I am thoroughly fed up with these bloody things. Thanks
    dunno what Pete's got,
    but I've got a Whale 8lt grey water tank and a gulper220. Only problem I had in 5 seasons was the electronic floater thing failing (ah, the one PF thinks in post #21 is good I don't!) and I replaced it with a water witch (or something like that) again el. switch.
    now I said it, I expect it failing next week when I'm onboard...

V.
    Last edited by vas; 19-08-19 at 15:49.

In my experience new boats have as many ( more) issues - it is just that some other bugger is paying to fix it!
    Someone on here once said thereís two pleasures of boat ownership in varying proportions.

Fixing stuff and using it .

Ratios vary but 50/50 is about right .

I do wonder about newby folks contemplating buying a boat with a sort of holiday apartment/ second home mentality.
    I have a mate with a new S/Sker San Remo and itís always crawling with techs .
    Went round the other day and he apologised as he served us our ice chilled rose as his chiller had earlier packed up .
    He then opened up the engine hatch offering me a look in only to loose grip and the ram wrenched a hinge out of the cockpit floor - tiny screws .

I was in by best kit clothes wise otherwise would have rolled my sleeves up. Aside it all under warranty.

Ok I am also having a good year just replaced the ice maker pump myself after having it repaired well I think that is what they charged for!
    My passerelle works but won't go into its housing I have an instruction on how to fix it but it seemed complicated so waiting to end of the season before messing it up!

Quote Originally Posted by julians View Post
    I do need to get round to reupholstering the cockpit as some cushions are tearing at the seams, but that's going to be expensive, so keep putting it off.
    buy curtains in the sale from dunelm, heavyweight material, largest width by the highest drop (that will be 90 inches) and watch a couple of you tube videos and do it yourself....

Quote Originally Posted by Portofino View Post
    Someone on here once said there’s two pleasures of boat ownership in varying proportions.

Fixing stuff and using it .

Ratios vary but 50/50 is about right .

I do wonder about newby folks contemplating buying a boat with a sort of holiday apartment/ second home mentality.
    I have a mate with a new S/Sker San Remo and it’s always crawling with techs .
    Went round the other day and he apologised as he served us our ice chilled rose as his chiller had earlier packed up .
    He then opened up the engine hatch offering me a look in only to loose grip and the ram wrenched a hinge out of the cockpit floor - tiny screws .

I was in by best kit clothes wise otherwise would have rolled my sleeves up. Aside it all under warranty.
    Id be one of those folks lol!

It's funny how there's always something broken on a boat, or if you can truly say it's 100% working perfectly, something will break the next time you use it. This is easier to understand on larger boats where all sorts of domestic things can break, but even on mine which is very nearly as simple as it can be there's always a long list of things that need fixing.

hi guys, is there a common denominator here? Age? or maybe not? Can you guys share the age of your boat ? Im a newbie, and im finding it hard to digest that a newish boat but we as problamatic as and old one, yet maybe it is.so how old are your boats guys?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast