Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: And we are off

Default Re: And we are off

I got in an hour ago. Like I said to Kwakkers in a earlier post it was too windy to pick up fuel and water in Conwy. Kept on being blown off. So down in VD to fuel, water and catch a Chinese. Off in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
    Kwackers, at the moment we are on the hook at Aber. It was too windy to pick up fuel in Conwy so will entertain Mark trying to get into Vicky Dock for fuel and water tomorrow. Im hoping to reach Aberdovey but that is looking unlikely. So we shall travel aimlessly to wherever the wind blows and the sun shines. No expectations and no disappointments. Just glad to be on the water.

Have fun, doesn’t look great next few days but improving for the weekend. I don’t think Mark works Tuesday or Wednesday so you’re in luck!

His cover said come in to port side, spin and berth to starboard. I said no bow thruster and in this wind he's having a laugh so I suspect Mark already briefed him. And no, I didnt try bringing the bow into the wind with opposing throttles. Dont need the stress so I've made his harbour untidy

BBQ time

The youngest trying to get a nap in

Last edited by BruceK; 20-08-19 at 17:02.

reply 24 Picture 3 is the dogs bolloxs

You choose the one that is most favourable and stick to it

The first 3 days are reliable, thereafter its just educated guesses unfortunately
    Ain’t that the truth!

We are out for a fortnight and oddly for August (often a bad month for North Sea boating in my experience) the forecast for the next week or two is okay. Clearly it will change and go to rats but I like to bask in the illusion of going where we want, when we want without having to trouble ourselves with looking for a weather ‘window’.

Good to be on the boat away from work and quite happy to potter about and go where we can

The youngest trying to get a nap in
    Bruce, start saving money to pay for the therapy for the poor kid 10yrs down the road!

enjoy your vacation!

V.

Vas, I think she is becoming used to it now. We no longer have the litany of " Why do you do this, I am going to die!" Or "Mommy!! Are we going to die!!" as the boat plummets down a hole. Poor child. One day in the future I imagine we will be brought to book for abuse.

Thanks.

Kids dont seem to mind the water. Bit chilly for me

Using the kids to look for your props and fridge ,is wrong.

Oh god. What a night Roy. Bet you're glad you're not here. Dragged anchor 3 times in the black of night. F8 winds. Caught a rope round the prop during one reset. Unfortunately it belonged to one of the tender davits which had blown loose. Crumpled the davit and left me trying to bring the bow into the wind on one leg in a 50m wide channel. Vix went to bed in disgust and Ive been holding a lonely vigil. Wales eh? Love this place.

I just bent it back straight. Do you think it will hold?

Last edited by BruceK; 22-08-19 at 07:13.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast