Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Uncharted obstruction, Pilsey sands, Chichester.

Yes, I think I might have seen it whilst looking for seals. I remember a row of seals rather neatly spaced out, before twigging / getting the binoculars out . This is somewhere quite a bit south of "Seal" rythe.....

Quote Originally Posted by FairweatherDave View Post
    Yes, I think I might have seen it whilst looking for seals. I remember a row of seals rather neatly spaced out, before twigging / getting the binoculars out .
    Yes, I'm familiar with that feature. I'm pretty sure it's not the scaffolding we're talking about here and if it is it I can't see why the sudden fuss.

This is somewhere quite a bit south of "Seal" rythe.....
    Yes, but you sometimes get lucky. The only photo I have of a seal feeding was taken there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-1 View Post
    Yes, I'm familiar with that feature. I'm pretty sure it's not the scaffolding we're talking about here and if it is it I can't see why the sudden fuss.
    Yes. I think what we have both seen is a bit further north up the the channel compared to the location of "Scaffoldhenge"

Yes. I think what we have both seen is a bit further north up the the channel compared to the location of "Scaffoldhenge"
    Agree, and more inshore (I think).

Also hats off for the 'Scaffoldhenge' term, genius - also your "evenly spaced seals" description of the other thing. Certainly that's why it sticks in my mind.

The 'Other Thing' you mention, is this the thing you can see from the beach at HISC?

Quote Originally Posted by wombat88 View Post
    The 'Other Thing' you mention, is this the thing you can see from the beach at HISC?
    I can't be sure. If you can see a thing that looks like evenly spaced seals from the Beach at HISC on the SW end of Thorney island then yes! There certainly aren't two of them.

That's it, I tried to convince members of the Tideway Association that it was a row of seals but it was pointed out to me that most seals had not been to Sandhurst.

This was found by the HYC's commitee boat.. left a big hole in the bottom of it which let the water in :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12