Default New Prestige 420S

I noticed that Jeanneau have tweaked the Prestige 420 line and has made two changes in particular that appeal to me.

First they have dropped IPS for Cummins power with V drives and secondly no need for a second heads compartment. We mostly boat as a family or couple and see a second heads as wasted space. The new 420 instead allows for a storage compartment instead.

Still I thought Jeanneau was all IPS and a Volvo anyone have any insights into the change? And will v drives be okay (Iím thinking how do you check the stuffing box etc..)?

Default Re: New Prestige 420S

Quote Originally Posted by Whippersnapper View Post
    I noticed that Jeanneau have tweaked the Prestige 420 line and has made two changes in particular that appeal to me.

First they have dropped IPS for Cummins power with V drives and secondly no need for a second heads compartment. We mostly boat as a family or couple and see a second heads as wasted space. The new 420 instead allows for a storage compartment instead.

Still I thought Jeanneau was all IPS and a Volvo anyone have any insights into the change? And will v drives be okay (Iím thinking how do you check the stuffing box etc..)?
    Customer feed back against loosing ground in that market sector .

Two choices

Arrogantly do nothing and instead work on finding credible excuses for late publication of this years accounts

Or listen , watch , learn , copy whatís selling = change tack = rebuild lost sales from the competition .

V drives are fine.

I have them - stern gland easy to access as shaft goes through just before front of W fine

Servicing will be cheaper compared to IPS, which I guess is important especially for an entry level model. Also, the joystick technology has come a long way, so you can get close to IPS ease of manoeuvrability with a joystick and shaft or stern drive if you wish to have that option.

The 590 is also cummins I believe. I think they may be concerned tieing themselves into just using one engine manufacturer rather than any other reason. In the med my preference is volvo all day for spares availability. But if the boat I wanted didnt have volvo I would probably still go for the boat anyway.

IPS servicing isn't that bad at all. You would spend far more on fuel for the year than servicing and I dont use that much fuel in a year.

can you advise how much IPS servicing typically costs, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kashurst View Post
    can you advise how much IPS servicing typically costs, thanks
    my last volvo bill was €1500. 30 litres of oil, anodes, oil filters, etc. Am sure my last car service was around £800 so as it is 2 engines and 2 pods then fairly reasonable.