Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yarmouth buoys

Default Yarmouth buoys

Anyone care to predict the availability of the buoys outside the harbour this weekend?? The finger pontoons are all booked. Wouldn't be able to make it until lunchtime on Sat...maybe stay for two nights. Boat is 10m

Default Yarmouth buoys

Also posted on PBO thread...

Anyone care to predict the availability of the buoys outside the harbour this weekend?? The finger pontoons are all booked. Wouldn't be able to make it until lunchtime on Sat...maybe stay for two nights. Boat is 10m

Default Re: Yarmouth buoys

If you are getting to there by lunchtime Id give evens money you would get a raft on a walk shore.

I do always wondered what degree of no shows they have at Yarmouth for fingers as they always seem booked whenever I look. I have sat on buoy with promises of berth but it's a lottery .

So long as there's a buoy to sit on I don't really mind.

I would have thought both. There during Cowes week and we were happily accomodated. I suppose as usual the later you arrive the less the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by ashtead View Post
    I do always wondered what degree of no shows they have at Yarmouth for fingers as they always seem booked whenever I look. I have sat on buoy with promises of berth but it's a lottery .
    I think they only book a dozen or so berths in advance. We've only been turned away once, Fastnet start day and we arrived about 3pm, way too late. Noon would have been fine. The present Mrs Scala didn't fancy the only remaining buoy, everywhere else full so we decided to return to Swanwick.
    Graham. "Scala" now sold. Boatless.

Got a good anchor?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea-Fever View Post
    So long as there's a buoy to sit on I don't really mind.
    You could always anchor!
    MontyMariner.co.uk
    Facilitated by AWESEM WP Agency

We were there this weekend, I said to the Scots guy in the RIB we'd like a berth for the night, he said if I gave him the lottery numbers he would sort it. When I said see me a nine tonight he sort out a place for us, rafted to another boat. All fine with us. Some time ago I said to one of the guys that Yarmouth was the only place I knew with a Harbour full sign. He told me that was gone and they would always find a space if you turned up.
    Allan
    Sailblogs.com search Brilliant with Hilary and Allan as crew. Password Bristol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast