Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Default Re: Thank St Greta for saving us

Moody 39- Deb 33- Wayfarer- Wanderer

When i went to St Katharines docks a few weeks ago, we notice the clippers kicking out a lot of black smoke
    Current boat: 1988 Jeanneau Sundream (lifting center board)

Quote Originally Posted by Ohlin Karcher View Post
    throngs of gullible climate activists
    So you know best and don't think there is a climate emergency?

Quote Originally Posted by Ohlin Karcher View Post
    Holly Cova, official spokeswoman for team Malizia, has told the press that a minimum of two crew will be flown out for the return trip. She concedes that it isn't an 'optimal solution' ... and actually admits that zero carbon ocean crossings are technically impossible.
    That's at least 2 sailors being flown out, but.. no mention by Holly of the hundreds of PR people, world press crews and their entourages, throngs of gullible climate activists, not to mention shady representatives of transnational energy consortiums and their staff, plus the politicians of all shades ( but especially ultra-radical green marxists) and their various press people, security staff, it goes on and on.. the whole absurd circus must have the carbon footprint of a F1 Grand Prix race!
    Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and provide us with some links that prove that we do not have a problem with the climate? I am asking for links from genuine, peer reviewed scientific articles, carried out by REAL scientists, using REAL data and published in reputable scientific journals. Don't bother sending nonsense from deluded idiots such as James Dellingpole or Lawson etc, and don't bother trying to claim that 'all these scientists are in on the hoax' This is just bull-shit and you know it. The science is clear, and has been for many years, it's just that it doesn't suit your particular set of prejudices. You are a real deluded fool

Quote Originally Posted by Kelpie View Post
    Best comment ever!

She should have a quick change of plan and sail at full speed to the Amazon and campaign to stop the fires.
    Life is too short to drink bad wine.

Quote Originally Posted by steve1963 View Post
    Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and provide us with some links that prove that we do not have a problem with the climate? I am asking for links from genuine, peer reviewed scientific articles, carried out by REAL scientists, using REAL data and published in reputable scientific journals. Don't bother sending nonsense from deluded idiots such as James Dellingpole or Lawson etc, and don't bother trying to claim that 'all these scientists are in on the hoax' This is just bull-shit and you know it. The science is clear, and has been for many years, it's just that it doesn't suit your particular set of prejudices. You are a real deluded fool
    Fools are relatively harmless when they just sound off on web forums, but dangerous when they are shamelessly used by charlatans to get into power.
    Last edited by Sgeir; 29-08-19 at 12:37.
    Ω

Quote Originally Posted by Minn View Post
    As one of *them* Im happy to tell you that as of the first of January next year *they* will either burn low sulphur fuel oil or *they* will indeed *have some form of filter system in the funnels to remove it*.
    I remember reading about this but can't remember the figures. You'll be able to comment I'm sure - isn't the new 'low sulphur' fuel oil still about 10 x as sulphury (I think I've just invented a word...) as diesel?

IIRC it was theorised that the move to lower sulphur fuel oil is a step in the right direction, but won't have the immediate and noticeable impact that people are hoping for.

North Wales, sailing Aegean Sea or Menai Strait

Quote Originally Posted by Balbas View Post
    I remember reading about this but can't remember the figures. You'll be able to comment I'm sure - isn't the new 'low sulphur' fuel oil still about 10 x as sulphury (I think I've just invented a word...) as diesel?

IIRC it was theorised that the move to lower sulphur fuel oil is a step in the right direction, but won't have the immediate and noticeable impact that people are hoping for.
    The link I posted in #12 says sulfur content will be cut from 3.5 to 0.5%, which if I remember correctly was what we all burnt before the universal introduction of ULSD. So you are correct, about 10 times the content of road fuel.
    Answers to some technical queries at new website http://coxeng.co.uk

Whether you have a good understanding or not of climate change, you have to agree that the transatlantic stunt has increased public awareness of the biggest problem facing mankind. It could have backfired although the choice of boat minimised that risk. Some of the studies being undertaken do look odd and should be questioned. Regrettably, they provide material for the deniers to capitalise on so deflecting public opinion from the main issue. That is the basic fact that man is having an effect on climate with the potential to cause immense harm to future generations. Those who try to argue otherwise have their heads in the sand. As it becomes warmer, they will find it increasingly uncomfortable.

The title of this thread is rather silly. If the intention is to discuss climate change then the thread should be transferred to the Climate Change forum.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast