Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Volvo kad43p

Default Re: Volvo kad43p

Great info thanks alot

Quote Originally Posted by pondfish View Post
    I'm talking about a 2005 engine and volvo never made engines they just rebadged them and painted them green,
    but thanks for your reply.
    I would suggest that you are way off the mark and basing your remarks on a small sector of their output.
    Most engines developed by Volvo have basic input from their various divisions ie truck bus construction marine and power plant.
    They have had collaborated with many other manufacturers over the years such as) Duetz And as you infer bought in specific engines from other manufacturers and rebrand them
    And your argument falls when they supply them in the factory option white paint.

fuel filter, micron filter, oil filter, plus the three belts 2 flat 1 v belt

scottie glad you got that off your chest lol

I'm talking about a 2005 engine and volvo never made engines they just rebadged them and painted them green,
    but thanks for your reply.
    Sorry but your well out of touch , Volvo do make there own engines .
    The KAD 43 is a pure marine engine , not used in any other applications.
    The engine is oversquare which means it has very little torque low down without forced induction .
    It would be useless in an industrial application .

Quote Originally Posted by Portofino View Post
    I always understood the bigger D12 and 74 were from there truck, coach and plant side of the empire and made in house .
    Sure odd bits of tech may be shared in collaborative efforts with other players in diesels .Eg cylinder head internal design .
    Also other bits bought off the self like injector units .

Having said all this they are essentially Volvo units .

The KAD series the op refers to as said was specifically designed for marine it does not have a vehicle application .
    The D series blocks like D3 I suspect have a x over with automotive, but not all the smaller D series.

So based on that and considering the amount of IC Diesel engines across the whole empire I suspect they have taken 95 % control of there engine manufacturing so can call them truly Volvo .
    I donít think they have asked another player for example Mitsubishi ( or who ever ? ) to make them and paint them green / white ( big ones theses days ) and stick a logo on .

I,am guessing they will have there own technology R+D team constantly refining and improving them .
    They may even sub that work out , in the sense licence a deemed innovation to other players in exchange for a return piece of tech back deal .
    All the marine IC diesel manufacturers enter into time limited tech share deals .When the times up that contract ends .Life carryís on .
    Other base units derived from ,

Peugeot / Idenor firbthe MD21 and MD32 . 1970s era .
    From then on volvos own units 40 series .
    60 series from volvos own industrial engines.
    D4/6 in conjunction with Deutz .
    D9/11/12/13 industrial,
    Latest D8 is actually a Daewoo power unit .

Iím not sure whatís to come next .

Not of great interest on here perhaps, but aren’t the 2020/2030 actually Perkins engines? Any idea whether to D1-30 is also a Perkins unit?

Quote Originally Posted by nicho View Post
    Not of great interest on here perhaps, but aren’t the 2020/2030 actually Perkins engines? Any idea whether to D1-30 is also a Perkins unit?
    Oh yes I’d for about the windscreen washer engines , they are all Perkins base units mike.

fuel filter, micron filter, oil filter, plus the three belts 2 flat 1 v belt
    The cost of these units are so low comparatively speaking it simply doesn't warrant going off piste to aftermarket or cheaper and usually ends in dissatisfaction anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
    The cost of these units are so low comparatively speaking it simply doesn't warrant going off piste to aftermarket or cheaper and usually ends in dissatisfaction anyway.
    I have found useful cross references for filters for my kad 32 and made substantial savings, The most starting of which is air filters around £5 each compared to around £25 each for a Volvo Penta labelled item. With twin engines a very worthwhile saving. Also I get fuel and oil filters a round half the VP prices.
    However I agree belts are one thing I would always but the VP items as they have proven to be long lived and trouble free so worth the expense .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast