Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Paseport Escales

If you keep your boat at a yard or marina that is not part of the Passeport Escales network, is it possible to have a Passeport Escales card and use marinas that are part of the network for short stays?

Default Re: Paseport Escales

Ask one of the Escales ports?
    Edit: Though I think not..

As I understand it, you have to keep your boat in one of the Passeport Escales marinas as a precondition to be able to even get a Passeport Escales card.
    My Karma ran over your Dogma.

You can buy an annual card but it only covers the Morbihan region from Lorient to Roche Bernard, nothing like the entire network

https://www.passeportescales.com/fr/latitude-morbihan

Thanks for the replies. I also thought you had to have a berth to vacate to participate in the Passeport Escales (MDL?) scheme.

However, the reason I asked is that I enquired about possibly keeping my boat in a yard in Brittany, which has no pontoon berths and only a few swinging moorings, and I asked if the port-a-sec deal they offer includes a Passeport Escales.

The reply was :

"Nous sommes un chantier privé et ne faisons pas partie du passeport escales. Vous pouvez cependant vous le procurer parallèlement. "

My French is not good but he seems to be saying I can get the Passeport Escales, but not from his yard. In that case where from?

Question to Lightwave: do you have to have a berth in one of the Latitude Morbihan marinas to get the LM card?

I have just read the link and there is no mention of having a berth. You just present your card, which is specific to your boat, at your first port of call and they will validate it, possibly with an inspection.

Quote Originally Posted by DownWest View Post
    I have just read the link and there is no mention of having a berth. You just present your card, which is specific to your boat, at your first port of call and they will validate it, possibly with an inspection.
    Thanks for doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Poignard View Post
    Thanks for doing that.
    No prob
    Have a look at the map at the bottom of Lightwave's link. The 20 ports in the scheme are listed. As he said, nothing like the numbers in the Escale scheme if you have a berth, but not too bad. Short stays only..

Quote Originally Posted by DownWest View Post
    No prob
    Have a look at the map at the bottom of Lightwave's link. The 20 ports in the scheme are listed. As he said, nothing like the numbers in the Escale scheme if you have a berth, but not too bad. Short stays only..
    Exactly right, not a bad deal, there's enough in the area to keep you interested for a long time ( IMHO )

There was a thread on here a few weeks ago, and various people were making assertions on PE based on their experiences

As I understand it, there are effectively TWO different PAsseport Escale schemes, although some of the participants in the previous thread failed to grasp this.

One is a scheme supported by member marinas (of whom there are a large number over the UK and France ). The number of nights of benefits offered under the scheme are set by your home marina ...10 nights is common (which is what Jersey Marinas, my home marina offers) but there may be more or less, I think it depends on what each participating Marina thinks they want to provide.

You need to be a berth holder with a host, participating marina, to qualify, I then pay £20 a year for mine, I thunk some marinas May provide them free.

https://www.passeportescales.com/en/

The second scheme is run by the Morbihan, where you can get nights at their marinas..for this one you do NOT need to be a berth contract holder anywhere, and you simply buy the passeport directly. I believe you can then spend unlimited nights subject to restrictions. I presume this has been put together by the Morbihan marina operators, possibly piggy backing off the main PE scheme

https://www.passeportescales.com/fr/latitude-morbihan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast