Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Jump Leads or Battery Tie Switch

Just looked at Halfords - didn't realise that leads came rated for engine sizes; it seems that they only go up to 4l, which should hopefully be ok for my 4.3. There's also lower rated for less money (Dennis - think you have a 2.5l KAD32?)

TBH the ones I have were probably last used on a 1.1l Renault 5 at college / Uni...so might upgrade them, assuming the higher capacity have thicker cables.
    Or do we think it's marketing faff?

https://www.halfords.com/workshop-to...-4l-jump-leads

Quote Originally Posted by jct1981 View Post
    Just looked at Halfords - didn't realise that leads came rated for engine sizes; it seems that they only go up to 4l, which should hopefully be ok for my 4.3. There's also lower rated for less money (Dennis - think you have a 2.5l KAD32?)

TBH the ones I have were probably last used on a 1.1l Renault 5 at college / Uni...so might upgrade them, assuming the higher capacity have thicker cables.
    Or do we think it's marketing faff?

https://www.halfords.com/workshop-to...-4l-jump-leads
    Looks ok but I got mine from general traffic who supply the trade . 5 metre long and free delivery £36
    Last edited by seastoke; 23-08-19 at 10:49.

I generally buy the not so expensive ones and run some solder in where the clip meets my the wire

It is all down to the wire thickness and the quality of the connection clip to wire

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12