Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Company owned boats

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    Ward & McKenzie can handle this for you Russ (http://www.ward-mckenzie.co.uk/). They can also hold your deposit if the seller agrees and ensure that you get your money back if the boat surveys badly. Will probably charge you £1k.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by seastoke View Post
    Russ , I am trying to work out, a guy is willing to sell a boat less than what he allowed in part ex , then spend money on it. Does not add up
    Depends on the profit on the first boat.

Px is just a cost to change so the only figure that matters is the difference paid and if acceptable to the punter. Car trade does it all the time and the way the numbers are constructed can help vat which ( on cars) does not usually allow recovery on the repair cost under the margin scheme.

I want to trust this guy. I have friends asking around and they've heard he's trustworthy but you never really know. He is an MD in the marine industry which many would have come across but I don't want to give too much away for his sake and mine.

I'm meeting with him Tuesday, can you suggest any other checks on the paperwork? I have copies of all BoS's up to previous owner. A few service histories, original purchase invoice with vat paid, builders certificate, British Registry expired 2015.

FYI. Had a quote from a major broker at £2000.

Quote Originally Posted by russ View Post
    Had a quote from a major broker at £2000.
    Seems a fair price assuming they establish vat status etc and handle the money for you.

I want to trust this guy. I have friends asking around and they've heard he's trustworthy but you never really know. He is an MD in the marine industry which many would have come across but I don't want to give too much away for his sake and mine.

I'm meeting with him Tuesday, can you suggest any other checks on the paperwork? I have copies of all BoS's up to previous owner. A few service histories, original purchase invoice with vat paid, builders certificate, British Registry expired 2015.

As you are rightly being extra cautious
    Have you seen the original Bill of Sale from previous owner to the now current owner as it is normal for for a finance house to hold this as security If a loan of over £25k has been made and the vessel is not part 1 registered.
    That was the procedure until 3 years ago assume it is still current.
    It maybe advisable to use a good broker.
    I know of instances when copies of docs handed to customers when the originals are still with FH.

I think the issue here is we all only know half the story so give answers based on what is known then more comes out.

Registry expired ( which is fine ) so hence not registered in his name. Also a sign that it is not on finance.

No idea of the boat value but given he bought it vat paid then unless he is selling for a profit ( stated he is not ) there are no vat issues.

It just needs paying for with a bill of sale back from the company seller.

A call to the prior owner ( who will be shown in the title history and be found on Facebook or linked in ) should confirm it was taken in px and in order.

How do you know that? In my paperwork I have en expired Part 1 Certificate and one that's in force. Have you checked with the MCA?

Don't pay £2k to a broker for this service, use W&M who will charge you less and do marine conveyancing for a living (often on Superyachts).

I've emailed a few brokers for quotes, so just waiting for more replies.
    Anyone had dealings with New Boat International?

I've emailed a few brokers for quotes, so just waiting for more replies.
    Anyone had dealings with New Boat International?
    No but I know of Vince Coda whose business it is. He owns Permateak, bought a boat name from me a couple of years ago, owns a T52 and is a frequent poster on the Fairline Facebook groups. I've no reason to think he's dodgy in any way.
    Last edited by petem; 25-08-19 at 16:05.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast