Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Burnham boat

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    me - hornchurch , boat - river crouch.
    Posts
    1,280

    Default Re: Burnham boat

    Quote Originally Posted by NealB View Post
    I ran passed her 10 minutes ago ..... she ain't moved a millimetre!
    Thanks , I did say that 7 posts ago

    But hey ho .....

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Burnham on Crouch
    Posts
    4,583

    Default Re: Burnham boat

    Quote Originally Posted by nigelm View Post
    Thanks , I did say that 7 posts ago

    But hey ho .....
    Yes, thanks, I saw that......... I was just confirming that she's still not moved 7 days on.

    Hope that's ok with you?

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    me - hornchurch , boat - river crouch.
    Posts
    1,280

    Default Re: Burnham boat

    Quote Originally Posted by NealB View Post
    Yes, thanks, I saw that......... I was just confirming that she's still not moved 7 days on.

    Hope that's ok with you?
    Yup absolutely, I was hoping someone would come along and confirm what I said

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Burnham on Crouch
    Posts
    4,583

    Default Re: Burnham boat

    Quote Originally Posted by nigelm View Post
    Yup absolutely, I was hoping someone would come along and confirm what I said
    Indeed ... exactly the same hymn sheet!

    Thanks again.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Queenborough
    Posts
    12

    Default Re: Burnham boat

    Always look at that boat when I sail past. Does anyone know what happened?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,521

    Default Re: Burnham boat

    Quote Originally Posted by lincoln View Post
    Always look at that boat when I sail past. Does anyone know what happened?
    Yeah, it sunk

    Apparently a water hose burst and filled it enough to topple over. The tide and mud have since ensured that it stayed there.
    If found in the Brexit forum, please return to the real world.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Queenborough
    Posts
    12

    Default Re: Burnham boat

    Water does have a nasty habit of sinking things

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    UK East Coast
    Posts
    1,845

    Default Re: Burnham boat

    Quote Originally Posted by CLB View Post
    Yeah, it sunk

    Apparently a water hose burst and filled it enough to topple over. The tide and mud have since ensured that it stayed there.
    She had been close to sinking for many years. The year before she sunk she filled with water but luckily sat upright and with several salvage pumps brought in she floated again on the next tide. I went on board and remember seeing rows of pinpricks of daylight shining through the plating at the waterline. She only remained afloat by keeping the pumps running. On the day she finally sank, due to a power failure the pumps were not running, she sat off-centre to her hole in the mud so she did not sit level and the portlights not far above the waterline were open and the owner was away........

    Www.solocoastalsailing.co.uk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest YBW News

Find Boats For Sale

to
to