From the Needles to the Nab, from Cowes to St Catherine's

Question Poole harbour fuel

Having failed to get up early enough this morning we find ourselves slightly unexpectedly in Poole and in need of filling the fuel tank.

As far as I can tell the options are Salterns Marina but I'm a little unclear on the exact location of the fuel pontoon or the facility just downstream of Poole bridge - earlier threads on ybw suggest this requires an account setting up with the operators beforehand.

Any advice or suggestions appreciated.
    Substance over style

Default Re: Poole harbour fuel

Poole town quay boat haven does fuel or did last year.

The two deep water fuelling points on the harbour side of the bridge are Salterns Marina and CPL whose pontoon is right by the lifting bridge.

Manoeuvring in Salterns is a bit tight. Enter the Marina, go straight ahead then until you have to turn hard right, and the fuel Quay is in front of you. If you have a long keel yacht, I’d go elsewhere.

Last time I used CPL at the Quay I paid by card and there was no need to have an account.
    No need to struggle with sail handling. Go 4 speed.
    www.pontoswinches.co.uk.

From the Needles to the Nab, from Cowes to St Catherine's

Thanks, we filled up at CPL taking care to time our arrival with the hope of avoiding the rush when the bridges open.

Being an account holder with CPL allows you to refuel at any time, non account holders are 'restricted' to when there is a member of staff present which seems to to be from 8 in the morning until 6 in the afternoon.
    Substance over style

There is also fuel berth a Cobbs Quay marina inside the 2 lifting bridges and at Ridge B Y on the river Frome near Wareham (diesel only).