Default How long should I leave Toplac to cure before applying masking tape?

I'm one coat away from finishing the job of painting the hull on my boat. On the side that is finished, I had the luxury of three weeks between doing the final coat and then masking over it to do the boot top. The tape came away with no problems, and didn't lift any of the Toplac.

For the remaining side, I will not have anything like as much time to let it cure. Will it be ok to mask up a day or two after application? Or is this asking for trouble? ?
    Moody 39- Deb 33- Wayfarer- Wanderer

Default Re: How long should I leave Toplac to cure before applying masking tape?

I would have thought a day would be enough but just in case I’d use a low tack tape.

Default Re: How long should I leave Toplac to cure before applying masking tape?

we were using id on my lads boat in the hot weather. thin coats with a roller. it dried very quickly indeed. an hour at the most.

we used some very expensive blue low tack tape from marine bazaar for the masking of the deck and topsides after 24 hours. some small lifting of the deck paint but nothing of note on the hull.

i guess it will depend on the yellow thing in the sky. if it's like today was here (hot and windy) i reckon 48hrs will be fine.

That's very encouraging. Thanks.
    Moody 39- Deb 33- Wayfarer- Wanderer

Frog Tape do one for sensitive surfaces.
    Not all who wander are lost