Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default A Coruna quickie

Anyone with some experience / advice on marinas in A Coruna please? Day costs, which one good / bad / indifferent? Many thanks.

Default Re: A Coruna quickie

It has been a few years since we visited A Coruna. The outer marina was more expensive when we visited in 2012, pretty empty and not able to haggle over prices. The second marina (Club Real if I remember correctly) gave us a good deal for a weekly rate but split over more than one stop (i.e. We could stay 3 days, leave and return within a week or so and stay 4 days etc. at the lower weekly rate). I don't know if they'd still do that and the other marina had filled up a bit in 2013.

I would still stay in the Club Real because it is much closer to the town and they were a friendly lot. Just take a look at Google Earth and you will see that it is close to Maria Pita square. We did get a little swell in the Club Real but not much.

We were in marina coruna about 2 weeks ago and the staff were very helpful and the marina had a lot of space to manouvre. You can alps get fuel there too if required.

It is a bit further to the centre but it is a pleasant walk along the promenade.

Can't recall the price but I know it was cheaper than the solent!

Oh and they speak English too which is a help if you can't speak Spanish.

Quote Originally Posted by davethedog View Post
    We were in marina coruna about 2 weeks ago and the staff were very helpful and the marina had a lot of space to manouvre. You can alps get fuel there too if required.

It is a bit further to the centre but it is a pleasant walk along the promenade.

Can't recall the price but I know it was cheaper than the solent!

Oh and they speak English too which is a help if you can't speak Spanish.
    +1, but we did have some swell there, so mooring snubbers a good idea (you'll want some anyways).

Blog entry from our visit: https://sdfjkl.org/blog/2017-08-01-s...rias-a-coruna/

Prices are here: https://www.northwestmarinas.com/en/...-coruna/rates/

The one mentioned close into town is my favourite and A coruna, what a run ashore!!

There a fortnight ago and used both marinas - we left Marina Real for 1 night on Assumption Day as that mistake had been made before, sleeping will not take place.
    As long as there is no festival on then Real is the better option for swell and city centre access. They give a 15% CA discount if that's of use. Marina Coruña used to offer 25% but no longer do.
    I'd rather be tethered to a pad eye than tethered to an iPad.

I've never stayed in the Real, just Marina Coruna, and the last time was back in Aug/Sept 2012.

I must say, I found the staff there to be incredibly helpful and friendly. I got a pretty good discount too if I remember correctly. I would definitely stay there again if I'm passing Coruna.

As mentioned above, yes the walk is a bit further into town, but not so far as to be a hike. The stroll into town was a daily for me, and I found it really relaxing. Especially on a warm evening..

Wintered in the Real marina in centre of town. Lovely and cheap. Only problem was it's a bit wet over the winter. Still think it was our best stop on our trip (currently in Sardinia).

Quote Originally Posted by dgadee View Post
    Wintered in the Real marina in centre of town. Lovely and cheap. Only problem was it's a bit wet over the winter. Still think it was our best stop on our trip (currently in Sardinia).
    It’s drier than it used to be....

Quote Originally Posted by Wansworth View Post
    It’s drier than it used to be....
    Ha! That was only two winters ago. Take a dehumidifier with you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast