Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 63
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brighton/Antibes
    Posts
    8,659

    Default Re: when and where to dump the black tank ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post
    Another thing occurred to me while in my shed...…….

    Several people on here seem happy with pumping out there Shit into the marina or sea but wont actually type the word Shit... They put 5hit or S**t...……….. or even Shite which lets face it is just adding an e ………….Quite incredible how our world is warped...……… I blame Brexit or Mrs Thatcher it must have been one or the other
    Ah no, there's a reasonable explanation for this - you possibly haven't been around long enough to experience this, but in the past the forum moderation was set to an extreme level and the correct spelling of the offending word was enough to get a post pulled, which is why you see so many slightly-incorrect spellings of it.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,259

    Default Re: when and where to dump the black tank ?

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_the_builder View Post
    Ah no, there's a reasonable explanation for this - you possibly haven't been around long enough to experience this, but in the past the forum moderation was set to an extreme level and the correct spelling of the offending word was enough to get a post pulled, which is why you see so many slightly-incorrect spellings of it.

    It's also to stop Mikef getting shore leave (again) lol

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,149

    Default Re: when and where to dump the black tank ?

    Quote Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
    This shed of yours, is it an outhouse with a gargoil knocker on?

    Well judging by some peoples beliefs I could use it as an outhouse rather than walk a few steps to the house and have one there...…. Or better I could route a pipe into my neighbours garden and have done with it
    Only ever look down on a person when you are bending over to help them up.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,149

    Default Re: when and where to dump the black tank ?

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_the_builder View Post
    Ah no, there's a reasonable explanation for this - you possibly haven't been around long enough to experience this, but in the past the forum moderation was set to an extreme level and the correct spelling of the offending word was enough to get a post pulled, which is why you see so many slightly-incorrect spellings of it.
    Oh interesting point but I had rather thought that in these modern times when certain practices once illegal seem now to have to be celebrated with great colour in Seaside and other towns around the world..... and I am certain will soon be mandatory, that the typing of a simple word would be fine if even hip...………. We do indeed live and learn.


    PS...…. is hip still in date or has that been replaced by some modern equivalent such as Sic
    Last edited by Bigplumbs; 29-08-19 at 15:34.
    Only ever look down on a person when you are bending over to help them up.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Live London
    Posts
    3,837

    Default Re: when and where to dump the black tank ?

    I once wrote " designed on the back of a fag packet" and the word fag was moderated which made me laugh and cry at the same time.

    We will see what happens this time! Times may or may not have moved on!

    Edit !

    And it seems that this post passed!
    Last edited by jrudge; 29-08-19 at 17:04.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Sant Carles de la Ràpita
    Posts
    6,982

    Default Re: when and where to dump the black tank ?

    Just for the record
    The pump facility visited today and removed 220 litres of sweet smelling liquid from our black tank.
    Thats the third time we have been pumped out this week.
    I wonder how many stern berthed marinas in the Med arrange pump outs for their berths.
    We have a UK style pontoon berth and the pump unit can get right next to out pump outlet.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,149

    Default Re: when and where to dump the black tank ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Just for the record
    The pump facility visited today and removed 220 litres of sweet smelling liquid from our black tank.
    Thats the third time we have been pumped out this week.
    I wonder how many stern berthed marinas in the Med arrange pump outs for their berths.
    We have a UK style pontoon berth and the pump unit can get right next to out pump outlet.
    In our little Sealine S24 with holding tank (no idea of size but must be small) we use the on board toilets only when impossible to use shore facilities and having owned the boat since March 2018 we have had one pump out. I am amazed how many others are having.


    Perhaps people need to learn to walk to the marina facilities rather more
    Only ever look down on a person when you are bending over to help them up.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    15,568

    Default Re: when and where to dump the black tank ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post
    In our little Sealine S24 with holding tank (no idea of size but must be small) we use the on board toilets only when impossible to use shore facilities and having owned the boat since March 2018 we have had one pump out. I am amazed how many others are having.


    Perhaps people need to learn to walk to the marina facilities rather more
    That begs the question, do you never go to sea, or stay on board when not in a marina? Never get caught short? Or maybe you’re a bucket and chuck it sort of guy.....;-)

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,149

    Default Re: when and where to dump the black tank ?

    Quote Originally Posted by longjohnsilver View Post
    That begs the question, do you never go to sea, or stay on board when not in a marina? Never get caught short? Or maybe you’re a bucket and chuck it sort of guy.....;-)
    Yes we use the boat and go out in her but only 2 of us and we have of course been caught short at times but we manage the toilet and limit the amount of water we use to flush.


    I fear on larger boats people use it as they would in their house. People need to be told about the toilets on boats and how they should be used
    Only ever look down on a person when you are bending over to help them up.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Farndon
    Posts
    3,043

    Default Re: when and where to dump the black tank ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post
    People need to be told about the toilets on boats and how they should be used
    It seems so.

    I think we empty out tank two or three times a year.
    A pee only policy and making use of shore toilets is manageable.
    I am rarely moored far from shore facilities and journeys dont usually exceed 3 hours.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest YBW News

Find Boats For Sale

to
to