Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cheapest mooring or hardstanding Portsmouth

Hi

Can anyone point me to a cheap mooring or hardstanding, where I can store my 52ft motor yacht. It doesn't need access to the water until I am ready for it.
    Can be up a river somewhere. It just needs to be cheap and secure.

Thanks
    Stay Salty

Default Re: Cheapest mooring or hardstanding Portsmouth

Wicormarine ? Might start there for a price?

PME at Fareham?

52ft might be a bit big for Quay Lane, but that would be my first stop to park a boat on the cheap
    Steve
    Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

If the boat is mobile at sea, there are some places in Chichester Harbour worth checking -

Thornham Marine is an excellent boatyard near Southbourne, sometime called themselves a marina but just a few rickety pontoons, very good boatyard though, good value with a small chandlery now on site.

Wilsons Yard on the east, Chi side of Hayling Island are very good but unsure if they can manage 52' - I reckon they could.

Hayling Yacht Co is a long standing boatyard with pontoons as well, though they dry on soft mud - worth a call.
    Anderson 22 Owners Association - For info please ask here or PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by ashtead View Post
    Wicormarine ? Might start there for a price?
    Wicor often have moorings alongside the main jetty, dry out into soft mud and used by quite big barges and ex fishing boats that are live aboard so might be an option if you don't need to move the boat, except HW

Quote Originally Posted by zambant View Post
    PME at Fareham?
    I think that is too big there-they do not seem to have boats bigger than about 38ft.

Never heard of Seajet's Thornham Marine and its rickety pontoons but Thornham Marina is a very well equipped and friendly place to keep a boat. Maybe he is confusing it with Paynes Yard next door which is equally friendly but just a touch less sophisticated.

I thought they had sheepishly dropped the ' marina ' - I've only known the place for 40 + years, yes it has been transformed in the last decade + but the last time I saw the pontoons a few years ago they were definitely not most peoples' idea of a marina !

I don't hesitate to say a fantastic boatyard though, and last I heard good value too.

Just not a marina - if it has changed that much in such a short time please let's have info here including depths available.
    Last edited by Seajet; 31-08-19 at 19:37.
    Anderson 22 Owners Association - For info please ask here or PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Seajet View Post
    I thought they had sheepishly dropped the ' marina ' - I've only known the place for 40 + years, yes it has been transformed in the last decade + but the last time I saw the pontoons a few years ago they were definitely not most peoples' idea of a marina !

I don't hesitate to say a fantastic boatyard though, and last I heard good value too.

Just not a marina - if it has changed that much in such a short time please let's have info here including depths available.
    Im based next door at Paynes, Andy. Nowt wrong with the pontoons, well up to standard with water and power etc. The big problem is there's no water. It all dries out to deep mud around 3 hours after HW, so access for anything big has to be at the top of the tide! Paynes next door had some very rickety old pontoons made of solid timber. I think they were ex WW2 Army surplus, but amazingly when they cut them up we found the main beams were still sound in many places, though the staging was well past it! www.thornhammarina.com
    Is Conservation for wildlife or conservationists?
    http://boatownersresponse.org.uk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast