Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 ... LastLast

Default Re: New Fairline F//LINE

Quote Originally Posted by John100156 View Post
    Oh dear, am I the only one that likes the style of this boat ;-)

Having had an almost new Targa 34 in 2006, which I must say I still really like the styling of, this boat looks modern and a lot of fun.

I reckon it will grow on us all as time goes by, as long as it proves reliable and I hope it does well.

Shabby launch though I must agree.

Be interesting to see some more photos; I really dont like the colour of the bow sundeck cushions, in the launch environment it looks really drab, white with some coloured piping (boring I know) would even look better.

Lots to go wrong I suppose, but what the heck, thats boating for you.

I bet she will perfrom well and handle great.
    No. I’ve already said I think it looks lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    I imagine that it's the same in Puerto Portals, Puerto Pollensa, etc and that's the target market for this boat. Remember that at the time its conception, Russell Currie who owns the North Mallorca Fairline dealership was in charge so presumably he thinks there's a market out there for this boat. Time will tell!
    Yep that's about right for what I see in mallorca, but to be fair that's how it always has been for the last 30 years or so at least.

It's how I use my boat - without the multi million pound villa!

Here's the bathing platform down...

Perfect for stepping into from a step fitted to the quay (as I have, as they have in Portals, San Antonio, etc).
    Pretty boat.
    But in the rush to launch they seem to have not thought out how to get from the water onto the platform, The platform must be well clear of the water to clear the top of the sterndrive. I don't think the boat is CE compliant without out a ladder and hand hold and maybe there should be bow rails.

starts at 40ft.

“Russell Currie who owns the North Mallorca Fairline dealership was in charge so presumably he thinks there's a market out there for this boat. Time will tell!
    Not any more, see my post above, he has his dealership to Princess.

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    I have not commented on its aesthetics , but I agree it is pretty .
    But FL have not got a monopoly on “ loveliness “ .Theres an awful lot of other loving/ pretty boats similar size out there .
    It’s the practical aspects discussed ^^^ and week diesel option in a beamy boat that I think are the sales the killers .

Quote Originally Posted by stelican View Post
    Pretty boat.
    But in the rush to launch they seem to have not thought out how to get from the water onto the platform, The platform must be well clear of the water to clear the top of the sterndrive. I don't think the boat is CE compliant without out a ladder and hand hold and maybe there should be bow rails.
    Yep, no doubt a rush job! It'll go back to the factory to have one fitted I assume.

Quote Originally Posted by MedDreamer View Post
    Dunno who is in charge now but I did notice that Russell Currie the previous MD has switched his Mallorca dealership from Fairline to Princess! Hardly a ringing endorsement from someone in the know.
    Quote Originally Posted by MedDreamer View Post
    Not any more, see my post above, he has his dealership to Princess.
    I'm aware of that. This boat has been on the drawing board for a couple of years so Russell was very much in charge at its inception. As for a "ringing endorsement" for the company, Russell was in charge so he build the business from its rebirth so would only have himself to blame! Of course, there are two sides to why he's left and as I only hear these things second hand it wouldn't be right for me to comment.

Yep, no doubt a rush job! It'll go back to the factory to have one fitted I assume.
    Not an easy solution if they are going to integrate into moulding
    Perhaps use one of these
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    Mark, Hey, you did say it was lovely but also that it was spoilt:
    "The only thing that spoils it is the anchor. It uses up length and looks fugly. That should have been hidden away IMO."

I like the look of the whole boat, I particularly like the folding bathing platform and adjustable seating, albeit not too keen on the colour scheme, will reserve any further judgement until seen in the flesh at SIBS!
    PRINCESS 45

Just saying why could Fairline not make something like this. https://youtu.be/hoNj6M5nHVg

Represents more its history see old T33, T30/33, and T34 where huge successes for them, and how the company expanded in those years.

Why do they really want to copy Princess and Sunseeker in building fast day boats with a cuddy cabin at 10/11 meters.

Malta is full of Fairlines no one will be interested for the F-Line while we have about five new V39s/V40s which arrived in the last three years.
    And I can bet my money that you want see any R 35 in Malta. Anyways I will be hugely surprised if one would come.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 ... LastLast