Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Default Re: New Fairline F//LINE

Quote Originally Posted by PowerYachtBlog View Post
    Talk about a blind cat. Yes then after those three there is Riva and Sarnico and some other poor mans boats. If it's not a FlPrSS it cannot float I guess....

I remember that movie about the hearing of WW II acts against humanity and the German General convicted says in the hearing with a tongue in check, one British ship and dominion of the seas.
    Meaning that if it was not for USA we will not be having this discussion.

Yes off course I know Jarrett Bay, and Spencer, and Bayliss, and there is Rybovich and Merritt. Again to name a few. But custom builds are something else.
    I still ponder how in Italy it never took off, to be honest, with the experience they had up until the 90s in wood.

Yes in its segment Viking is the best, followed by Hatteras, and now Bertram being revived by Gavio.

But also best in the technical detail, and here I still do not understand how the sportfish boats tech and style of systems are not used into normal Euro motor yachts, they are impressive in that area as well and I still ponder while they are not copied to the letter. I mean the technical detail in the electrical system of a Cabo or a Viking is close to perfection.

But anyway I am sure people think am an alien and think this is a Viking boat with twenty rowers per side and a central mast.

Poweryacht
    You never cease to amaze me with your in depth knowledge you must be at least 150 years old!

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    And here I was, arguing with PYB bold statement about Viking...
    Best of the 3, not best in the world - even I wouldn't be so bold as to suggest that!

For what it's worth if/when we buy a place abroad this is what I'd buy....

https://www.yachtworld.co.uk/boats/2...fSource=browse listing

Pete

I see a lot of those axopar around majorca, they looks really good, and if I was in the market for a newer boat, that's probably what I would go with.

Quote Originally Posted by stelican View Post
    Poweryacht
    You never cease to amaze me with your in depth knowledge you must be at least 150 years old!
    May be I am 300. But hey motor boating as we know it today started in the sixties, so I really do not need to be so much old.

Axopar's are competitively priced, made a meal of the Wally style and made it look like a Land Rover.
    Personally i am not a fan of vertical bows, and after reading Levi's thoughts about it, I even became less a fan.
    Please give me a flared bow anytime to this. Please.

I see Jack has now test driven the boat. Whilst it may not be my idea if what a 33ft boat should deliver, it does look awesome fun. I WANT A GO!

It was not at Southampton but given it does close to 50 kts and is about half the price of the princess and suseeker version I suspect they will sell a few

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    it does look awesome fun
    Yup, that comes through as a thrilling ride indeed.
    Actually, it would be annoying if it weren't, considering the available power.

The overall finishing also looks pretty good.
    Among other details, they must have been inspired by my suggestion on F&S retractable cleats in this thread, I reckon.
    The teak planks design/layout needs attention, though. Btw, it's a bit surprising that in these days of pre-cut, CAD-optimized decks, they didn't do better right from the start.

As an aside, is Jack still alive? I would have shooted him if he boarded my boat with shoes on, let alone inside the cabin!

Quote Originally Posted by jrudge View Post
    It was not at Southampton but given it does close to 50 kts and is about half the price of the princess and suseeker version I suspect they will sell a few
    Yes good point buts it’s smaller .
    It might be aimed under the other two not at them .
    In which case a different demographic of buyer .
    There’s room for product development say a 38 or 42 as well in fact a whole range maybe one day a 50 something?

Porto

Do bear in mind not everyone wants to scream about at 50kts. especially as some brands seem to leave of the side rails !

That aside does size matter much in the fun day boat sector ?

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast