Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Default Re: New Fairline F//LINE

Quote Originally Posted by Portofino View Post
    Yeh I know about steps but then what ?
    Finish this sentence .....

Arrive at the boat step down the step(s) .......[ Pete insert exactly how you get on ]
    Ta Da ...(courtesy of MBY)

f-line door.jpg

Its obviously not the right boat for everyone, but that's one of the things I like about it. I think it's gorgeous.

There is only one F in F-Line

Porto this should do it for you. I see it as a master peace, just needs white cushions a grey silver stripe and it is purity of what a fast boat should be; sea worthy, fast and safe.

https://youtu.be/qV6D7CjwIe0

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyWoo View Post
    Ta Da ...(courtesy of MBY)

f-line door.jpg

Its obviously not the right boat for everyone, but that's one of the things I like about it. I think it's gorgeous.

There is only one F in F-Line
    I give up - sometimes it feels like banging your head on a brick wall !!

Go away and google ď Med mooring ď

When youíve done that tell me the Med mooring boarding process.

Side doors are for jettyís at the bottom of your Florida home .Add in the engine options with a token nod to the EU itís blinding obvious the market they are after .

Quote Originally Posted by PowerYachtBlog View Post
    Porto this should do it for you. I see it as a master peace, just needs white cushions a grey silver stripe and it is purity of what a fast boat should be; sea worthy, fast and safe.

https://youtu.be/qV6D7CjwIe0
    To the builders of the R35 , F 33 and Hawk 38 —— “ Forgive them Lord ,for they know not what they are doing “

Quote Originally Posted by Portofino View Post
    I give up - sometimes it feels like banging your head on a brick wall !!

Go away and google “ Med mooring “

When you’ve done that tell me the Med mooring boarding process.

Side doors are for jetty’s at the bottom of your Florida home .Add in the engine options with a token nod to the EU it’s blinding obvious the market they are after .
    Here's the bathing platform down...

Perfect for stepping into from a step fitted to the quay (as I have, as they have in Portals, San Antonio, etc).

The F/Line reminds me of this.

Ilver Piper 33.

In 2002 Ilver led by Francesco Guida who was for a long time the right hand of Janetti at Sanlorenzo launched a three new innovative models the Piper, Scuba, and Vista; 33, 47 and 58 feet.

The Piper was a cool day boat ten meters long with shafts drives and a gigolo plushy interior, and a classy stern layout, with telescopic bathing platform later used on the SL62.
    While I always thought this never worked on the SL62 I always though it worked well on the Piper, but it never worked.

Image with stern closed; http://www.rimessaggioippocampo.com/.../279/big/3.JPG
    Image with stern open: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/cf/25...712391dd63.jpg

Model was then renewed to the Piper 36 with full bathing platform in 2005. http://www.supervee.it/wp-content/up...8-1024x768.jpg

Whilst pleased to see a smaller boat launched by one of our main builders I am afraid that the comments about it being beautiful just don’t resonate (I guess it is an ‘eye of the beholder’ thing) and as for the price,,,,,sheeeesh!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2 View Post
    Whilst pleased to see a smaller boat launched by one of our main builders I am afraid that the comments about it being beautiful just don’t resonate (I guess it is an ‘eye of the beholder’ thing) and as for the price,,,,,sheeeesh!
    I concur

Pete using PYB ,s pic
    Does this make sense with my point of ď rotating ď transoms .The same thing happens with the SL 62 , although nobody leaves that open as obviously being a 62 it got a passerelle.

The blue hatched is the bit that gets wet and referred to earlier re ď antifoul ď if itís permanently lest open .

Itís L shaped and as it rotating to expose the inner surface which is teak linked the bottom of the transom enters the water .
    You canít ( or will be mad ) to leave the boat with it open .
    And remember my other point about the position of the stern on a Med mooring berth - boat sticking out to provide room for it to open = kinda obviates the less than 10 M berth alleged plus point .
    That less than 10 M ď advantage ď works for a boat house or hoist at the bottom of your garden , Iíll give it that .
    Aside a 3.56 M beam means itís very wide for its L = interesting ride at speed with theses yank petrols .
    That beam pushes it into a 12 + m Med mooring which I guess is ample room to arrive and phaff opening up the stern to get on .
    Then what if port bound ( ie not going out ) and folks hopping on / off every 5 mins - going for No 2 ,s etc - does this mean it stays open all the time in the marina ? Close it and the bit dipped in is covered in marina slim .
    The SL 62 and others btw with folding transoms donít open thereís in port btw .

host images

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2 View Post
    Exactly my thoughts....just a WAY overpriced sports boat....nothing special IMHO.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast