Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Default Re: New Fairline F//LINE

Quote Originally Posted by MrB View Post
    I concur
    I think it is rather ugly too.... Far to modern looking for me and so much to go wrong
    Only ever look down on a person when you are bending over to help them up.

Porto, it doesn't look submerged when open to me. And there's nothing to stop it being controlled remotely (app on phone?) if not already.

Anyhow, despite all the shortcomings that you think it has, it'll still outsell Itamas 20 to 1!

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    Porto, it doesn't look submerged when open to me. And there's nothing to stop it being controlled remotely (app on phone?) if not already.

Anyhow, despite all the shortcomings that you think it has, it'll still outsell Itamas 20 to 1!
    That’s not the least bit surprising, let’s face it. If we want a really good “compromised boat” thread ......,.

I believe it folds down. They have deliberately kept the boat at 9.99m in order to enjoy cheaper mooring costs.
    I have to say I think it looks good. The window line is fairline the rest is very new/fresh. A folding platform is a great idea, or sliding for that matter. Paying for a bathing platform to park seems silly.

The only thing that spoils it is the anchor. It uses up length and looks fugly. That should have been hidden away IMO.
    Last edited by Elessar; 30-08-19 at 06:48.

I find that there's nothing like a protruding anchor to focus the minds of fellow boaters to keep away from you!

I'll reserve my final judgement on it until I've seen it in real life, but i think I'm leaning toward it not being my kind of boat (not that I could afford one anyway even if it was).

The bathing platform is a problem for me, I'd rather just have a fixed one. I can see all sorts of issues arising with that fold out one, not least how much of a ballache it will be to use on a stern to mooring, even if it were operated by a remote control.

I'm not sure I like the styling (but that a purely subjective thing). It looks a bit fat to me. But the below decks accommodation does look good.

If you can't have any kind of sun shade unless you opt for the t top version, then that's a significant problem, although I can't believe that they won't have some kind of bimini as an option.

The limited diesel engine choice is a big issue.

The fuel tanks look a bit small for the size of boat, more so if you go for any of thr petrol engines.

It's only rcd cat c, I know this rating is not the be and and end all of sea keeping, but I'm surprised it's not a b.

Anyway, I'm in no position to buy one, so who cares what I think?

Quote Originally Posted by Portofino View Post
    Aside a 3.56 M beam means it’s very wide for its L = interesting ride at speed with theses yank petrols .
    It's actually 3.50m according to the spec which makes it only 5cm wider than my boat of virtually the same hull length.

Quote Originally Posted by julians View Post
    The limited diesel engine choice is a big issue.
    It is curious.

To be honest, I'd be more interested in a smaller sibling as a future villa (apartment) boat for me, which I'd hope would have the option of a single inboard and/or outboard(s).

And a Sea Ray of 35 feet will outsell a Fairline one hundred to one. Is not this a stupid argument???

Itama was a small builder in Amati's days, and currently nothing is being done by Ferretti Group about the brand.
    In Amati days Itama was making just over twenty boats a year all to discerning owners, all made to order. No speculation build even for the small 38 which sold in a long production run lasting twenty years about 160 units. Also all Itama's where sold direct up until the mid nineties. Amati had to like you to build you and sell you a boat.
    In the Ferretti Group days it made over forty for a couple of years which was the good times of the Forty and Fifty Five selling very well.

Btw the itama Forty still outsold the Fairline Targa 44 by two to one selling over 100 units in a same five year production run and more or less a similar time frame, even though it costed double the price.
    How much did the 44 sell, I heard about fifty units despite making it 100k cheaper in around 2010 with the stern drive version.

The small Itama 45 costs 900k plus Vat and has Cummins 550hp engines with shafts. I think you are really speaking another kind of craft.

I hope the Fairline will at least outsell the Pardo 43 which is of a similar style, and already sold one hundred units in less then a two year stint.

What a stupid argument....

Quote Originally Posted by PowerYachtBlog View Post
    What a stupid argument....
    Not as stupid as Porto's insinuation that the thing won't sell in the Med because of that stern arrangement!

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast