Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Default Re: New Fairline F//LINE

Side door and difficult to access from a Med berth with the stern shut ,plus boat lift ( Florida ) friendly shortness .
    Julian's is on the money with weedy diesel options .

Ps I think Amati would have liked me . Buts let's keep mybiat out of this ps - as use as comparing a Patek Philippe to a Tissot

Quote Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
    I can see this being the next Bond boat it certainly is beautiful. I think it's a super day boat but cant see much cruising being done in one. Offered a traditional sports cruiser vs this I'd still go sports cruiser.
    Nail on the head. Whether you or I would buy one, or whether we think it represents value for money seem beside the point to me. E.g. I would discount anything outside certain length, age, budget & number of berths. Plus, I want a flybridge on diesel shafts. Baring a dramatic and unforeseeable change in my circumstances, the chances of this boat featuring in my collection are slim.

Fairline have produced something different, and I think they should be applauded for it. Whether it will succeed or not, time will tell; and whether you love it or hate, it seems to generate some passionate opinions, which I think is exciting. Iím disappointed itís not going to be at SIBS. If it were to be there, my guess is the queues would be long.

I can see this being the next Bond boat it certainly is beautiful. I think it's a super day boat but cant see much cruising being done in one. Offered a traditional sports cruiser vs this I'd still go sports cruiser.
    +1 Bruce. Sadly, there no longer seems to be a market for traditional sports cruisers like you and I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitelighter View Post
    Lets face it you aren't their target market so I'm sure no sleep is being lost
    And how the hell would you know that...Ö Your Arrogance continues...Ö I could afford one quite easily. As Far as I am concerned you are a joke
    Only ever look down on a person when you are bending over to help them up.

To be fair he didn't say you couldn't afford one, that was your interpretation. I think he may of implied it wasn't done on the cheap, in which case you obviously concur.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post
    And how the hell would you know that...… Your Arrogance continues...… I could afford one quite easily. As Far as I am concerned you are a joke
    Well according to some on here the target market is Superyacht Owners and people with Villas in Florida. So you're not the only person who isn't in this boats target market (unless I am mistaken).

To be fair he didn't say you couldn't afford one, that was your interpretation. I think he may of implied it wasn't done on the cheap, in which case you obviously concur.
    Bruce...…….. I was starting to warm to you now you have reverted again...………… I think when it comes to Cheap I would look nearer to home

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    Well according to some on here the target market is Superyacht Owners and people with Villas in Florida. So you're not the only person who isn't in this boats target market (unless I am mistaken).
    No not got a Super Yacht but a Villa in Florida...……………. Well I was thinking of a little spend and you have given me an idea... Was about to look at a Taga as an addition to the fleet but florida villa would be ok but a long way to travel.... I think the Taga or S34 is a better option...…. Only problem with the S34 is finding one Rus has not rejected

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    Handy for swimmers. New Hawk 38 has the same feature
    How is it handy for swimmers Pete?

By the time the light comes on it’s too late. You can’t outswim a boat even at tickover.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post
    Bruce...…….. I was starting to warm to you now you have reverted again...………… I think when it comes to Cheap I would look nearer to home
    You always have a negative outlook coupled to a bit of a persecution complex. I wasn't gunning for you but at the same time dont agree with everything you have to say or the way you say it. Some yes, some no. If you're looking for yes men I'm not your man. Cheap and practacle I'm all for but this boat has a specific target audience. It is a very expensive and luxurious runabout. Neither of us are in the target market, but that is also no reason to slate it or deny those that would like it. That's just petty in my book.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast