Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Default Re: New Fairline F//LINE

Quote Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post
    And how the hell would you know that...… Your Arrogance continues...… I could afford one quite easily. As Far as I am concerned you are a joke

That was unnecessarily rude. He didn’t say or suggest you couldn’t afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post
    And how the hell would you know that...… Your Arrogance continues...… I could afford one quite easily. As Far as I am concerned you are a joke
    I never mentioned your ability to afford it or not.
    I doubt many on here fall into the target market.

Nice to see you are still a cock erel

hm,

I like the pedestal and the table, am I too sad?
    Med mooring would be an issue, would have to end up with a builders plank around 2m long 25cm wide and 4cm thick like many yachties do, difficult to store on board though
    Pete no matter what you say, this boat is not really suitable for stern to mooring, fullstop.

cheers

V.

Are Fairline launches always this dramatic???

If this thread doesn't end up with a pic of BigPlumbs sat in his new F-Line, moored (med style) outside his Florida villa , I for one will be disappointed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyWoo View Post
    Are Fairline launches always this dramatic???
    You should have read the Targa 53 launch thread!

Quote Originally Posted by vas View Post
    hm,

I like the pedestal and the table, am I too sad?
    Med mooring would be an issue, would have to end up with a builders plank around 2m long 25cm wide and 4cm thick like many yachties do, difficult to store on board though
    Pete no matter what you say, this boat is not really suitable for stern to mooring, fullstop.

cheers

V.
    It's actually pretty rare for boats under 35ft to have a paserelle. The Princess R35 doesn't have one, nor does the new S/S Hawk 38, nor Axopars, Windy's, the new Jeanneau's & Beneteau's day boats, etc.

Incidentally, of the 4 T34's in our marina, only one has a paserelle, despite this being a factory option.

In my experience, people tend to fit steps on the quay, have a folding paserelle that they leave on the quay or simply clamber on and off.

It's no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    It's actually pretty rare for boats under 35ft to have a paserelle. The Princess R35 doesn't have one, nor does the new S/S Hawk 38, nor Axopars, Windy's, the new Jeanneau's & Beneteau's day boats, etc.
    I think of the 1000 plus of 34 Zaffiro's have passarelle's (70/30) as do most Sessa 35 and Gobbi 345 SC. We have four 34 Targa's two have them two don't.
    I do not need the hydraulic passarelle in my marina but when I go away from my shores it is really needed. I also use it to extend the bimini when on anchor.

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post

Incidentally, of the 4 T34's in our marina, only one has a paserelle, despite this being a factory option.

In my experience, people tend to fit steps on the quay, have a folding paserelle that they leave on the quay or simply clamber on and off.

It's no big deal.
    Pete, I have to agree with PYB,

Furthermore, unless you are only ever moored on your own spot where you have what needs to be installed, I think it's a bit difficult.
    FE, out of the 3-4 marinas I visit in the isles around here, the height of the dock from sea varies immensely, from 30cm to 1bloody m+
    Tell me how you're going to get off your F33 in a 80cm dock, I'm all ears! I guess the teak on the folding thing is around 20-25cm from sealevel, you have a nice 55cm or in a 1m dock 75cm difference, that's not trivial, it's simply impossible.

Also the fact that the Brit boats leave the factory without a passerelle doesn't mean much, once down here, they get one (or regret not doing it...)
    In most boats you have some options to mount the thing (even an nice carbon lightweight and sleek one), on a folding stern yacht or mobo, you're really buggered!

cheers

V.

I quite like the boat but wouldn’t be interested in buying one. As a day boat or chase boat I’d prefer an Axopar style machine. I hope Fairline have established that there is a deep enough market for this sort of thing and its many similar competitors.

But I thought this was truly awful as a piece of marketing, especially marketing of a luxury toy. The venue was hideous with tyres as fenders, manky rope/chain on the dock bollards, dark cold water and some POS “party boat” moored on the dock for guests. The show boat itself had dirty fenders, yellow shore power cable laid on the seats, none of the cushions correctly fluffed up and karate chopped in the centre and a Tracy Emin bed. What were they thinking? If I arrived at my own boat and found it prepared like that I’d be pretty angry (but no fear; it would never happen). This was just the most awful piece of product presentation I’ve seen in a long while. I wish them well and hope the Cannes presentation is very much better.

Also it needs white caulking.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerYachtBlog View Post
    I think of the 1000 plus of 34 Zaffiro's have passarelle's (70/30)
    As a former Z34 owner, I suspect that the ratio you are quoting is for the factory option.
    But many buyers deliberately decided to order the boat without it and have it retrofitted, also because they asked silly money for a mediocre Besenzoni thing, with the stanchions on the wrong side.
    So, I would guess that probably 90 rather than 70 percent of Z34 in the Med have a passerelle, in reality.

A great boat anyway - probably the most successful model in Cranchi history.
    I would still prefer one of them (with her 20 years old design!) rather than this F/line thing, let alone R35 or Hawk 38!
    Then again, when I bought the Z34 I was actually thinking to go cruising with her, and I did.
    Nowadays, this ilk of boats are mostly aimed at folks who want to show off, I suppose.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast