Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Default Re: New Fairline F//LINE

Itís a modern day Sunfury 26....

And I agree with the Mary Portas of the marine industry (JFM!) not the best location, too small for a Tower Bridge launch and too grey !

I do wonder if the recent change in senior management had anything to do with it..... Cannes would have been a better launch pad with fewer social media influencers from Essex

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyWoo View Post
    Are Fairline launches always this dramatic???

If this thread doesn't end up with a pic of BigPlumbs sat in his new F-Line, moored (med style) outside his Florida villa , I for one will be disappointed.
    Rest secure

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    It's actually pretty rare for boats under 35ft to have a paserelle. The Princess R35 doesn't have one, nor does the new S/S Hawk 38, nor Axopars, Windy's, the new Jeanneau's & Beneteau's day boats, etc.

Incidentally, of the 4 T34's in our marina, only one has a paserelle, despite this being a factory option.

In my experience, people tend to fit steps on the quay, have a folding paserelle that they leave on the quay or simply clamber on and off.

It's no big deal.
    Yeah but isn't that slumming it

Well said JFM so who is in charge at Fairline ,could take a guess

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    Nowadays, this ilk of boats are mostly aimed at folks who want to show off, I suppose.
    Market has changed not little. In the 90s in Summer we used to have half a dozen Cranchi 32 Cruiser (the Zaffiro predecessor) coming in Malta around August time, most of them starting cruise in rather distance parts of Italy. That is without adding the other type of boats, which used to be cruising. I remember the amount of DC 10 and 11s cruising in Summer from Malta, some coming from Ravenna.

Something has broken in the med, and instead of being fixed it seems to be breaking even more.
    People think that to cruise you need 30 meters nowadays, and for a crossing from A to B you need 20, and to go swimming a ten miles distance possibly needing 15 meters.
    It is a perceived reality very common in West med and in some of the glamours locations. It is not the truth, but it is the outside perceptiveness from many and what the YT marketing machine kinda makes the average Joe believe it works that way.

Hi I am not saying bigger is not better, and more comfortable, but for many it seems the plot get's lost along the way.
    Last edited by PowerYachtBlog; 31-08-19 at 06:13.

Er perhaps Iím losing my eyesight in my dotage but where are the handrails? Rather petem than me staggering forward with a bow line

Quote Originally Posted by jfm View Post
    Also it needs white caulking.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerYachtBlog View Post
    Market has changed not little.
    Yup W, I agree with all your considerations.

OTOH, it's not just a matter of young newcomers wealthy enough to start boating with crewed 80 footers.
    Also for those of us, who began boating with whatever we could afford as long as it was enough to enjoy the sea (as opposed to buying an 80' just because you can), changes happen.

No matter how much and how fast you cruise, by boat you can travel only up to a point - and over time, that makes you wonder if it doesn't make more sense to leave your boat where you can use it as a platform with a fantastic sea just round the corner, rather than burning a lot of fuel to go nowhere.
    In fact, on average I crunched much more miles each season when I had less time available, while nowadays the boat is for me mostly a floating home, with the added bonus of being able to move it to some nice bays nearby, whenever I want to.

Not that I don't want or like to go places anymore, mind.
    It's actually the opposite, but no boat can compete with jetliners, in this respect.
    It's just a shame that something even faster than jetliners doesn't exist (yet!)

I think that where Sails take the award, upwards of ten meters you see raggies doing all kind of stuff.

The sailing cruiser or yacht market has been regularly healthy in between 9 to 15 meters. May be thanks to Beneteau / Jeanneau / Bavaria and the like.
    Which are not really shining example of high quality, they are but an example of price ratio.

Dunno who is in charge now but I did notice that Russell Currie the previous MD has switched his Mallorca dealership from Fairline to Princess! Hardly a ringing endorsement from someone in the know.

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast