Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Default Re: New Fairline F//LINE

Quote Originally Posted by MedDreamer View Post
    Dunno who is in charge now but I did notice that Russell Currie the previous MD has switched his Mallorca dealership from Fairline to Princess! Hardly a ringing endorsement from someone in the know.
    Couple of other significant changes too.

I guess the world is their Oyster now ...

Quote Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
    You always have a negative outlook coupled to a bit of a persecution complex. I wasn't gunning for you but at the same time dont agree with everything you have to say or the way you say it. Some yes, some no. If you're looking for yes men I'm not your man. Cheap and practacle I'm all for but this boat has a specific target audience. It is a very expensive and luxurious runabout. Neither of us are in the target market, but that is also no reason to slate it or deny those that would like it. That's just petty in my book.
    As you wish
    Only ever look down on a person when you are bending over to help them up.

Quote Originally Posted by julians View Post
    The engine options are a bit odd, there's only one diesel option and it only gives you 33 knots max, if you want faster you have to have petrol engines
    That's because they have seen the future where white diesel costs more than petrol on the water!!

I can see this being the next Bond boat it certainly is beautiful. I think it's a super day boat but cant see much cruising being done in one. Offered a traditional sports cruiser vs this I'd still go sports cruiser.
    Sadly Bruce, the days when a 10m boat are being designed and sold for cruising seem to be waning. I know that Fairline towards the then of it's life, even the Targa 38 struggled to find buyers. Sunseeker have abandoned the sub 40ft cruising market completely and Princesses sportscruiser range now starts at 40ft.

What I observe from the 34ft boats in my marina are that families (mum, dad, grannie and grandpa, kids of all ages) turn up at around 10am armed with a few bags of shopping presumably containing some bread, cheese, meats, wine and soft drinks for lunch. They get changed into their swimming cozzies and go out for the day where presumably they find a mooring buoy or drop anchor for lunch. They return late afternoon, wash the boat down and return to their €million villas in the hills. They don't care about accommodation and they don't care that the boat has no paserelle (the quay has steps down to the boat). What they probably do care about is the size of the cockpit (this F//Line is rated for 10 people), whether the thing has a nice bathing platform, and how easy it is to park. Some will no doubt want a bit of shade too.

I imagine that it's the same in Puerto Portals, Puerto Pollensa, etc and that's the target market for this boat. Remember that at the time its conception, Russell Currie who owns the North Mallorca Fairline dealership was in charge so presumably he thinks there's a market out there for this boat. Time will tell!

Quote Originally Posted by jfm View Post
    I quite like the boat but wouldn’t be interested in buying one. As a day boat or chase boat I’d prefer an Axopar style machine. I hope Fairline have established that there is a deep enough market for this sort of thing and its many similar competitors.
    I think I'm right that the chase boat for your mate the YouTube "Superyacht Captain" is an Axopar. And don't tell anyone but I suspect my next boat will be an Axopar too.

Quote Originally Posted by jfm View Post
    Also it needs white caulking.
    Agreed, Did you happen to notice if the teak was real or fake?

To add I don’t think this was / is designed as a Superyacht tender. A day boat / weekend yes.

Still a nice bit of kit.

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    Sadly Bruce, the days when a 10m boat are being designed and sold for cruising seem to be waning. I know that Fairline towards the then of it's life, even the Targa 38 struggled to find buyers. Sunseeker have abandoned the sub 40ft cruising market completely and Princesses sportscruiser range now starts at 40ft.

What I observe from the 34ft boats in my marina are that families (mum, dad, grannie and grandpa, kids of all ages) turn up at around 10am armed with a few bags of shopping presumably containing some bread, cheese, meats, wine and soft drinks for lunch. They get changed into their swimming cozzies and go out for the day where presumably they find a mooring buoy or drop anchor for lunch. They return late afternoon, wash the boat down and return to their €million villas in the hills. They don't care about accommodation and they don't care that the boat has no paserelle (the quay has steps down to the boat). What they probably do care about is the size of the cockpit (this F//Line is rated for 10 people), whether the thing has a nice bathing platform, and how easy it is to park. Some will no doubt want a bit of shade too.

I imagine that it's the same in Puerto Portals, Puerto Pollensa, etc and that's the target market for this boat. Remember that at the time its conception, Russell Currie who owns the North Mallorca Fairline dealership was in charge so presumably he thinks there's a market out there for this boat. Time will tell!
    Sad indeed because there is nothing wrong with the capability of a 10m boat's ability to cruise or "sea kindliness" and bigger boats simply price the starter boater out of the market. I could afford a bigger boat (2nd hand) but would probably struggle to afford it's running and maintenance costs. As a family of 4 in my 34 footer with small KADs I can get a week on the water before I run out of water and with judicious use of the throttle can average just over a litre per nautical mile per engine or a range of 400nm keeping a healthy reserve. more if I plod along at displacement speeds.
    I disagree about there not being a market. Just look at the influx of French and Scandinavian boats in these sizes. I'd say the British companies simply cant compete in this market.

in my 34 footer with small KADs I can get a week on the water before I run out of water and with judicious use of the throttle can average just over a litre per nautical mile per engine or a range of 400nm keeping a healthy reserve. more if I plod along at displacement speeds.
    Are you seriously getting 4nmpg when on the plane from a twin engined diesel cruiser? Just about every boat test I have ever seen, backed up by my own boating experience, puts a boat like that at closer to 2nmpg.
    If found in the Brexit forum, please return to the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by CLB View Post
    Are you seriously getting 4nmpg when on the plane from a twin engined diesel cruiser? Just about every boat test I have ever seen, backed up by my own boating experience, puts a boat like that at closer to 2nmpg.
    Just over a litre per nm per engine. i.e. I'm getting about 2.2 - 2.3 nm on average for the boat. I broke it down per engine as some of the just sub 10m boats are on a single engine. My boat was originally designed with petrols in mind and my tanks are larger than normal which adds to my range.

EDIT my boat is also rather heavy for its size. 8 tons plus when fully bunkered and going out on an extended cruise.

Oh dear, am I the only one that likes the style of this boat ;-)

Having had an almost new Targa 34 in 2006, which I must say I still really like the styling of, this boat looks modern and a lot of fun.

I reckon it will grow on us all as time goes by, as long as it proves reliable and I hope it does well.

Shabby launch though I must agree.

Be interesting to see some more photos; I really dont like the colour of the bow sundeck cushions, in the launch environment it looks really drab, white with some coloured piping (boring I know) would even look better.

Lots to go wrong I suppose, but what the heck, thats boating for you.

I bet she will perfrom well and handle great.
    PRINCESS 45

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast