Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Cool Boating season is officially starting!

I normally consider the end of Aug as the beginning of the best part of the boating season, but yesterday I enjoyed the first anchorage with just a seagull nearby, so I think it's fair to declare THE boating season officially opened.

26 deg sea water, seabed clearly visible up to 20m+ depth, no jellyfish in sight.
    Maybe there is a better place to be at this time of the year, but I've yet to find it!

Default Re: Boating season is officially starting!

Well you have been waiting for at least three months for this time to arrive, hope you both enjoy the peace and quiet

I'm guessing you swam ashore, climbed up onto the rocks to take the pic. Looking at the height of the shot and the fact it was just you guys and the seagull?

Thanks for the great memories aboard Lido Blu over the season, hope you both have many happy years into the future, such an excellent boat.

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    , but yesterday I enjoyed the first anchorage with just a seagull nearby,
    Nice one P. I tend to agree with you. Sept is one of if not the best months in the Med

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    I normally consider the end of Aug as the beginning of the best part of the boating season, but yesterday I enjoyed the first anchorage with just a seagull nearby, so I think it's fair to declare THE boating season officially opened.

26 deg sea water, seabed clearly visible up to 20m+ depth, no jellyfish in sight.
    Maybe there is a better place to be at this time of the year, but I've yet to find it!
    when we left Carloforte with our bussy and crowded boat bringing ambiance to the place,
    I was not sure if you were sad or happy to see us leaving

now "I" can give you the coordinates of that spot within a radius of 10m,
    we have spend a couple of nights there and liked the place.

well you didn't mention that the forcast when we left last thursday was a few day's with rain
    our feeling was, the boating season has ended and we left right in time

(even after 8 weeks, we were not boared, and could have stayed there much longer, it feels as if we just had a teaser )

There’s a still a few boats about on the Liguarian coats , waters turquoise ,clear and warm

upload picture to forum

Quote Originally Posted by AndieMac View Post
    Thanks for the great memories aboard Lido Blu over the season, hope you both have many happy years into the future, such an excellent boat.
    Thanks to you for extending your already very long trip to join us, it was a real pleasure to catch up, also with A & A!

Quote Originally Posted by mikef View Post
    Nice one P. I tend to agree with you. Sept is one of if not the best months in the Med
    Well M, you can always fly to CAG insteand of NCE when you will have time for the next break - just say when!
    From our part anything goes, bar Sep 17-24, when we will have another couple of friends onboard.

Quote Originally Posted by BartW View Post
    when we left Carloforte with our bussy and crowded boat bringing ambiance to the place,
    I was not sure if you were sad or happy to see us leaving
    Naah, you know that you and E have been (and will always be!) among the most welcome visitors, who fully understands and appreciate the spirit of the place.
    We just regret that we had few occasions to enjoy some anchorages together, but we are already looking forward for more!

We back out on our boat in a couple of weeks for 9 nights. Really looking forward to quiet anchorages again.

Quote Originally Posted by Portofino View Post
    There’s a still a few boats about on the Liguarian coats , waters turquoise ,clear and warm
    Glad to hear that you are also enjoying your boat PF, but I hope you don't mind me saying that I'm not so envious of the Ligurian (or also SoF for that matter) turquoise waters. Which are not shabby at all, mind. But there's turquoise and TURQUOISE!
    Sorry for not having recent pics to post, but these frames from the famous Scubaman drone (made in October, btw) explain what I mean pretty well!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast