Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Default Re: Boating season is officially starting!

Those pics both from San Pietro and also from SoF bring back many warm memories. Feel very lucky to have had a change to experience them first hand.

Those are pretty fantastic places to have for yourselves

The season here is ending slowly as many shoreside marinas/restaurants are open only on weekends now and close for winter at the end of September.

Around here I actually prefer the 'crowded' summer season as it's nice to see other boaters around. Towards the end of the season it gets pretty quiet...

Quote Originally Posted by scubaman View Post
    The season here is ending slowly as many shoreside marinas/restaurants are open only on weekends now and close for winter at the end of September.
    Well K, my offer to mikef in post #7 is 100% valid also for yourself - anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    Sorry P missed that post. Thanks for your kind offer and I can assure you that one day we will take you up on that offer!

Quote Originally Posted by mikef View Post
    Sorry P missed that post. Thanks for your kind offer and I can assure you that one day we will take you up on that offer!
    when you travel to sardegna, remember you still have a pending offer for a visit and stay onboard BA,
    The boat is in Cagliari, in the center of the city just across the street.
    You could get a feel how a Italian make 75ft ship looks and feels inside (re your next boat )
    and experience the pleasure of battery powered fin stabs

Quote Originally Posted by scubaman View Post
    Those pics both from San Pietro and also from SoF bring back many warm memories. Feel very lucky to have had a change to experience them first hand.........
    I know what you mean K, both Bart and P, with their lovely partners, are some of the best hosts you will meet, cruising in this amazing part of the Med
    Last edited by AndieMac; 07-09-19 at 21:15.

Quote Originally Posted by BartW View Post
    ....You could get a feel how a Italian make 75ft ship looks and feels inside (re your next boat )
    and experience the pleasure of battery powered fin stabs
    I do agree with you Bart, with newer productions in terms of actual size compared to the marketed/indicated size, BA is huge for a "70'er". Huge headroom all the way through and very generous cabin and heads areas, I can see why a big guy like yourself was so attracted to her in the first place, I also look for the same things.
    The SL that was towed back to Cagliari harbour on our first day at 85-ish feet, alongside BA looked only slightly longer and no wider. I struggled to believe it was as big as you said at first.

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    Thank you P, I cincerelly hope to be able to take you up on that offer some day.

Gggrrrr, weather in Spain for the next 10 days is looking appalling. Our engineer says it might be so bad that we'd need a 4WD to get down the hill to the marina. We're due to fly out on Friday and he suggests postponing, easier said than done with flights, hire car, parking, annual leave, cat and dog sitters already booked.

Yup, also in S Sard the forecast for this week doesn't seem attractive at all, weatherwise.
    Oh, well. All we have to do is wait for the normal sunshine and light breeze to be restored!

Agreed
    We are returning to SC in the last good weather for a week or so.
    Passage from Santa Ponsa to SC took 7 hrs - half of it pootling.
    Still I have the car here and there is lots to do ashore.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast