Default Volvo 2003T Oil Cooler

While replacing starter motor I have noticed that oil cooler has developed leak and rusted so much that is beyond repair. We need a new one/ second hand!
    Any suggestions where to look for and that is reasonable price?
    Thanks

Default Re: Volvo 2003T Oil Cooler

Quote Originally Posted by Shamaya View Post
    While replacing starter motor I have noticed that oil cooler has developed leak and rusted so much that is beyond repair. We need a new one/ second hand!
    Any suggestions where to look for and that is reasonable price?
    Thanks
    Iirc there was an article in pbo about getting a standalone one from asap and modifying it to fit. Look up bowman coolers on their site. I have one off a maestro diesel car that fits to an MD22 but am in portugal at the mo

You may want to check out this Youtube channel, and their 3-part series on rebuilding a 2003T.
    Among other things they replace the oil cooler with a generic one, mounted on a bulkhead I believe.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE2KIdqclbI

Very good! Thanks

Almost there,
    We have replaced oil cooler, refitted back heat exchanger, new starter motor and rebuilt our old 50 Amp alternator.
    When we finished everything, we went for a trial motor around Portsmouth harbour, when engine started to over heat.
    I did some research and read that there is a plastic restrictor, before the turbo, inside the copper water pipe which can get blocked, and our was indeed very blocked. So, I used a 8mm drill and made the restrictors flow of the water bigger- however, someone also suggested to remove it entirely. Apparently, that plastic restrictor its not registered in Volvo drawings and manuals.
    The little nipple at the thermostat housing was blocked as well; that one we cleared with the 2mm drill bit.
    Just waiting for old alternator to be refurbished. I guess it will be simple rewire back ( photos taken)