Default Best Practical Way to Tension Anchor to Bow roller.

Decided that i will attach a 5Kg bruce anchor to a Bow roller. No windlasses. Manual Deployment and retrieving of anchor. What is the best way to Tension anchor to roller for a snug fit so as anchor dont wobble while underway and is kept safely firmly attached to roller while underway and in rough seas. Heard of some tensioners but honestly dont know how they perform or work or if i can drive boat with peace of mind and not worrying anchor will get loose and be deployed accidentally. Before deciding i like to hear your experiences and ideas cause im willing to learn . Your help is greatly appreciated . Im not a technical person.

Default Re: Best Practical Way to Tension Anchor to Bow roller.

You could use a length of rope as a snubber tied off to cleats either side as long as you tie off properly you shouldn’t have any issues. In case it need saying rope goes through link of chain to secure

I think you are over thinking this now. A large percentage of sub 8m boats especially in the Fast Fisher category where they use the Alderny method of anchor retrieval do not have a windlass. So long as there is an anchor nest (cradle) behind or incorporated into the bow roller and you tie this off you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratkins View Post
    You could use a length of rope as a snubber tied off to cleats either side as long as you tie off properly you shouldn’t have any issues. In case it need saying rope goes through link of chain to secure
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
    I think you are over thinking this now. A large percentage of sub 8m boats especially in the Fast Fisher category where they use the Alderny method of anchor retrieval do not have a windlass. So long as there is an anchor nest (cradle) behind or incorporated into the bow roller and you tie this off you will be fine.
    Hi Bruce. Thanks for your reply. Appreciate. Maybe im overthinking ok but im trying to find the best possible method. I ask questions to learn and maybe understand better how certain issues work and also to be on the safe side. I bought the anchorlift model 903101 which is a premium quality bowroller from the reviews i read about. Hope it will do the job for easier deploying and retrieving cause my back is starting taking its toll and couldnt afford more Physio sessions.

I dont see a 903101 in their catalogue, If it was a 901xxx series bow roller then there is what appears to be a hole in the back end for a 8mm Lynch Pin

Sword-pin-trailer-spring-pin_1.jpeg