Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Default Re: How useful is a sea water tap ?

Quote Originally Posted by john_morris_uk View Post
    Raw - since when do you cook water?
    Toxic. Emotional claptrap. Distilled water can kill if you drink enough of it.

Full of fish urine etc - more emotive claptrap. Look at toxicity and ppm.

Fresh water is arguably more dangerous as it can grow seriously toxic bugs.
    You are spreading disinformation. Let me clear some things up.

The toxic dose of salt water is about 7ltrs. Maybe what you would ingest in a MOB incident. Fresh water it is 500 lts. It is not really possible to drink that much. So a reasonable conclusion is sea water is toxic, fresh water is not. That fresh water is potentially toxic is irrelevant. It starts out safe. Sea water doesn’t.

Of course I’m talking about the creatures in the sea water soup as being raw. They are all uncooked. A litre contains over a 100 billion viruses and 10 billion microbes plus thousands of plankton, larvae and little bugs, plus the odd fish. And they do defecate Let’s not be disputing that.

Then there are all the heavy minerals and metals dissolved in it. Every element on earth more or less is there. Small quantities of uranium too.

So wash yourself and your dishes in fish soup if you like. You are deluded to think that’s a way to get clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Zing View Post
    You are spreading disinformation. Let me clear some things up.

The toxic dose of salt water is about 7ltrs. Maybe what you would ingest in a MOB incident. Fresh water it is 500 lts. It is not really possible to drink that much. So a reasonable conclusion is sea water is toxic, fresh water is not. That fresh water is potentially toxic is irrelevant. It starts out safe. Sea water doesn’t.

Of course I’m talking about the creatures in the sea water soup as being raw. They are all uncooked. A litre contains over a 100 billion viruses and 10 billion microbes plus thousands of plankton, larvae and little bugs, plus the odd fish. And they do defecate Let’s not be disputing that.

Then there are all the heavy minerals and metals dissolved in it. Every element on earth more or less is there. Small quantities of uranium too.

So wash yourself and your dishes in fish soup if you like. You are deluded to think that’s a way to get clean.
    I think we’d better stop breathing too.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...us-reveals-ai/

Get a grip over the toxicity issue. Of course drinking enough seawater would kill you but no ones suggesting that. I wash the dishes and me in sea water and if I’m feeling flushed with fresh water, the dishes (and me) get a fresh water rinse. Mostly the fresh water rinse doesn’t happen because when you’ve crossing an ocean in a small boat without a water maker you can’t spare the water.

Spookily for some miraculous reason sailors survive. This is because seawater simply isn’t the health hazard you are suggesting.

Have you got a sea water phobia?
    Semper aliud

I think we’d better stop breathing too.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...us-reveals-ai/

Get a grip over the toxicity issue. Of course drinking enough seawater would kill you but no ones suggesting that. I wash the dishes and me in sea water and if I’m feeling flushed with fresh water, the dishes (and me) get a fresh water rinse. Mostly the fresh water rinse doesn’t happen because when you’ve crossing an ocean in a small boat without a water maker you can’t spare the water.

Spookily for some miraculous reason sailors survive. This is because seawater simply isn’t the health hazard you are suggesting.

Have you got a sea water phobia?
    It kills and drown lots of people who fall into it. It also destroys and sinks boats in many ways. There’s nothing benign about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zing View Post
    It kills and drown lots of people who fall into it. It also destroys and sinks boats in many ways. There’s nothing benign about it.
    Now we know you’re trolling.

I refer the honourable gentleman to Hurricane Dorian as an example of the lethal characteristics of air and fresh water.
    Semper aliud

Now we know you’re trolling.

I refer the honourable gentleman to Hurricane Dorian as an example of the lethal characteristics of air and fresh water.
    I think you will find that it was sea water in that example that killed most, from the tidal surge, but it is true, air can be a very dangerous thing in the wrong hands.

The previous owner has bizarrely plumbed mine to empty the fridge. It is quite useful like that though, and I don't really go beyond the range of my water tanks.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567