Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: any advice on air bnb

Quote Originally Posted by STILL AFLOAT View Post
    Presumably, you are talking about a boat ? Since you offer such sparse information ?
    You need to do your research !
    The Canaries, are clamping down on people, parking 3 - 4 boats, in their marinas & using them as cheap rents !
    I can only assume its the same elsewhere ?
    Here, if they are found out, they will be fined thousands of Euros, and or have the offending boats confiscated , as they are occupying all the visitors moorings
    Also, you need to look into the laws in your area, and your insurance, because if you do a fast AIRBNB rental, and your clients, start a fire, or smoke dope etc, you will get done !
    If anyone complains to the police, that some idiots are smokin dope, on the boat next door, then the cops can seize the boat.
    You Decide !
    Not the boat. I am converting the garage into a two bed flat, in the longer time frame, we will rent main house out and use the flat when not sailing. planning permission granted, allows for short term let only. thinking therefore of air bnb.
    obs I will get insurance just wondering if anyone has any experience of them. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by webcraft View Post
    We want to leave our boat in the Canaries and do occasional Airbnb rentals when we are not there to help with marina fees. Do you think this will be OK, or is there going to be a total clampdown?

- W
    Risky. Especially if you're not around. If you get family and friends on board should be ok otherwise reward is just not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by masterofnone View Post
    Not the boat. I am converting the garage into a two bed flat, in the longer time frame, we will rent main house out and use the flat when not sailing. planning permission granted, allows for short term let only. thinking therefore of air bnb.
    obs I will get insurance just wondering if anyone has any experience of them. thanks
    My son and his wife have a flat created in an unused extension to the house. They also have a cabin in the large garden with its own garden. Both have parking and own entrances. They are let for the majority of time in the summer and more than 50% in the winter. This is a Pembrokeshire in a coast town near Tenby. They allow dogs with rules. It has been a great success with no downsides. They also let them through Home and Away (or Owners Direct can't remember which). They pay someone to do the change overs but do the laundry themselves.
    Not all who wander are lost

Lots advise on https://www.laymyhat.com/forum/ for property rentals.

Quote Originally Posted by masterofnone View Post
    OK, That, at least, sounds workable, as you will be right there, to deal with : Noise , Damage & Other misuse.
    Good Luck !

Quote Originally Posted by capnsensible View Post
    Risky. Especially if you're not around. If you get family and friends on board should be ok otherwise reward is just not worth it.
    Hope is to find someone local to keep an eye on it.

- W

Quote Originally Posted by webcraft View Post
    Hope is to find someone local to keep an eye on it.

- W
    That can work but they will want a fee. I would also check the marina t&c .

"Brexit: like watching a library being burned down by people who can't read"
    Birth......Like watching your favourite pub, burning down !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12