Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Lost Dinghy and outboard

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    Unfortunately we lost out Zodic fastroller and suzuki outboard last wednesday from old grimsby in the scillies.
    It was a strong SW wind during the night so is suspect it is somewhere in the Irish sea.
    It had a few large patches on it but otherwise no markings.
    I suspect there is little chance of finding it but i have informed MCA in case it is reported.
    We were without a dinghy for the rest of the time but managed to get lifts from a variety of kind people and the offer to borrow a spare dinghy from Scilypete.
    Pete was a fount of local knowledge and spent some time with us . Thank you Peter
    Shame you didn’t find me sooner that spare inflatable I’ve had for years could have done with an outing. Not heard of anyone finding it yet. See you next time you’re down and I’ll show you some good dinghy painter knots
    I need vitamin Sea

Quote Originally Posted by Scillypete View Post
    Iíll show you some good dinghy painter knots
    Ouch

Who knows how the Cornish Piskies do these things? A year or so ago I left my mooring at Cargreen, River Tamar, and towed my inflatable down to Cawsand Bay. Just about to drop the hook, literally!!, and I looked back to see the dinghy drifting off towards the beach. 8 miles of towing, and then, whilst stationary, the Piskies were there and untied it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Appledore View Post
    Who knows how the Cornish Piskies do these things? A year or so ago I left my mooring at Cargreen, River Tamar, and towed my inflatable down to Cawsand Bay. Just about to drop the hook, literally!!, and I looked back to see the dinghy drifting off towards the beach. 8 miles of towing, and then, whilst stationary, the Piskies were there and untied it!!
    The Cornish Pixies do weird things at Cargreen, they just wrapped my dinghy painter and all strops right round the massive mooring chain and seemingly plaited them, so strop will need to wait for barge to retrieve.

I did once lose momentarily the dinghy from the boat I was in the process of buying. Unfamiliar cleat arrangement is my excuse, and seller forgave me as I bought the yacht. I now cleat on two lines in V to stop veer or escape when towing
    A boat is for going places

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12