Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Any ybw members in the canaries?

Thanks! I was starting to worry , still N of Portugal enjoying the rias. I will relay your good advice to my worried girlfriend too 👌

Quote Originally Posted by adri_cubs View Post
    Thanks! I was starting to worry , still N of Portugal enjoying the rias. I will relay your good advice to my worried girlfriend too ��
    I know yacht arrival times are a bit of a guess. But if you can book a berth with an estimated arrival date, that eases one concern during the passage.

I have to agree as we have a berth booked for 6 months in Puerto Mogan from end of September but we get here earlier than expected and they luckily managed to get us in (against the wall for now) even though I called them numerous times to you odate them on our progress.

The ARC lot aren't going to make it any easier.

Thanks! I was starting to worry , still N of Portugal enjoying the rias. I will relay your good advice to my worried girlfriend too 👌
    Quote Originally Posted by capnsensible View Post
    I know yacht arrival times are a bit of a guess. But if you can book a berth with an estimated arrival date, that eases one concern during the passage.
    Quote Originally Posted by davethedog View Post
    I have to agree as we have a berth booked for 6 months in Puerto Mogan from end of September but we get here earlier than expected and they luckily managed to get us in (against the wall for now) even though I called them numerous times to you odate them on our progress.

I wil start making calls then , without a day of arrival +- 1 week I didn't see the point before

I wil start making calls then , without a day of arrival +- 1 week I didn't see the point before
    We are far more cautious- maybe too much - we booked Puerto Calero 9 months before arriving

Quote Originally Posted by davethedog View Post

The ARC is only 200 boats. Marina Lanzarote can hold well over 400 boats, not to mention all the other marinas throughout all the islands. So the ARC can't really put that much pressure on spaces. So far I've only seen two boats over this way that are doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikedefieslife View Post
    The ARC is only 200 boats. Marina Lanzarote can hold well over 400 boats, not to mention all the other marinas throughout all the islands. So the ARC can't really put that much pressure on spaces. So far I've only seen two boats over this way that are doing it.
    AFAIK Las Palmas is the place under pressure, likely because it's proximity to the biggest(?) airport on the islands.

Quote Originally Posted by capnsensible View Post
    Tops! I like the Papagayo area tooo, that where we have a mooring for the Charter Cat. Lots of undressed Germans on the beach though!
    Most of the ones I have seen are old and ugly!

Las Palmas Marina, has an exclusive contract, with the ARC, so, never mind, that other people,who are berthed at the marina, most of the year........ that counts for nothing !
    As soon as September comes around, people are only allowed to pay, one month at a time.
    Thus robbing them of the discount, they usually get, for paying 6 months in advance.
    People are given little warning, by the marina staff, like a marinero banging on the boat, saying you have to go, today, or tomorrow !
    There is apparently a new woman, in charge, who seems to be making lots of changes, to the daily running.
    Also, since Las Palmas Marina, is supposedly a Public Marina, you cannot book a berth, in advance !
    I found that out, last year !
    I do not know, how that is supposed to work, with the ARC boats ?
    However, everyone else, has to be tied to the arrival pontoons & go to the office, before being allocated a berth.
    I can only assume, that at some cut off point, the ARC UK people, phone Las Palmas Marina & tell them how many berths they need, for this years ARC
    Then the office here, tells the Marineros, which berths have to be emptied, to make room for the ARC arrivals.
    Last edited by STILL AFLOAT; 18-09-19 at 14:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Heckler View Post
    Most of the ones I have seen are old and ugly!
    Best keep away from the mirror

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast