Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Is anybody going to Cannes?

Quote Originally Posted by stelican View Post
    Don't think you will find anyone on this forum up for a 40m Princess
    Hmmm I am not so sure.

It was a cheeky open invite for JFM if he was passing, I am not a Princess dealer, I just have one on show as part of our line up.

I'll be there most of the time. Various locations and always ready to talk boats.

Its a new layout this year which will be interesting as to how it changes the dynamics between the two ports. Lots of new boats as always of course , and you can almost guarantee your favourite brand is there somewhere.

We have accepted an invite to test drive some new boats this week end at the Ferretti preview show @ the Monaco yacht club .
    You get out on the water and drive them WOT if want too .

We have pencilled in a day @ Genoa later too , itís 50 min away from us .

So Cannes is getting a wide berth this year .

Quote Originally Posted by Time Out View Post
    If you are quailifed then you can go on, the owner is there to sell so would rather not let everyone go on board who is not in the market for it.
    I find that attitude offensive. Somebody who is not qualified today may be qualified tomorrow and people tend to have long memories when it comes to buying something as expensive as a boat. Also an exhibition is just that, a show at which all the boats are on exhibition and open to anyone who buys an entrance ticket and who wants to dream about owning a boat. We were all tyre kicking dreamers once. If you want to restrict the type of visitors coming on to your exhibits then maybe you should hold your own private boat show with invited 'qualified' customers only?

Sorry if that sounds like a rant

Quote Originally Posted by mikef View Post
    I find that attitude offensive. Somebody who is not qualified today may be qualified tomorrow and people tend to have long memories when it comes to buying something as expensive as a boat. Also an exhibition is just that, a show at which all the boats are on exhibition and open to anyone who buys an entrance ticket and who wants to dream about owning a boat. We were all tyre kicking dreamers once. If you want to restrict the type of visitors coming on to your exhibits then maybe you should hold your own private boat show with invited 'qualified' customers only?

Sorry if that sounds like a rant
    It's in the Brokerage section of the show, I knew someone would pipe up about it being offensive... thats why I worded it as I did. The brokerage Show is for qualified customers only, well it's supposed to be.

And I agree an exhibition is just that, you should be free to go on anything and everything, we do try and allow that where we can but in the Superyacht, sector its a little bit more difficult if the owner tells us otherwise.

No need to be offended... besides you are qualified

It's in the Brokerage section of the show, I knew someone would pipe up about it being offensive... thats why I worded it as I did.
    OK but I still feel as part of the exhibition it should be open to allcomers

No need to be offended... besides you are qualified
    Believe me I really wish I was qualified to buy a 40m boat

Quote Originally Posted by Time Out View Post
    If you are quailifed then you can go on, the owner is there to sell so would rather not let everyone go on board who is not in the market for it.
    Yes Iím qualified. I represent MikeF
    Neither a Leaver or Remainer be

Quote Originally Posted by Bouba View Post
    Yes Iím qualified. I represent MikeF
    Agreed. I appoint you as my special envoy to the Cannes boat show and give you full permission to go on every superyacht you see and eat and drink as much as you can. The cheque book/ credit cards have to stay with me though

Time Out, is it Odyssey, or Solaris? Imperial Princess Beatrice also close by but not for sale I think (?)

I don't know your definition of "qualified". If say the bank statement =ok, is one disqualified by having admitted to being a geeky operator which limits things to 24m LLL =90 feet or so Tongue in cheek Q obviously, but feel free to answer it .

Quote Originally Posted by jfm View Post
    Time Out, is it Odyssey, or Solaris? Imperial Princess Beatrice also close by but not for sale I think (?)

I don't know your definition of "qualified". If say the bank statement =ok, is one disqualified by having admitted to being a geeky operator which limits things to 24m LLL =90 feet or so Tongue in cheek Q obviously, but feel free to answer it .
    I don't think thre is a proper definition of qualified Comes down to no cash, no splash!

ODYSSEY

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast