Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: Is anybody going to Cannes?

Itís a good job a know this forum inside out and can deal with the nonsense.

I was asked a question about how do you qualify ( if you can) someone who wants to look at a large +30 metre BROKERAGE yacht.

I explained OUR process that includes speaking to anyone and spending time with them understanding their needs this includes showing them the yacht.

I also explained that itís far easier to spot someone that has no purchasing interest and they often volunteer that themselves.

We have a large selection of giveaways items in the counter including caps and we are happy to offer a cap or similar if we have to decline a viewing.

As I said these are not new yachts these are owned vessels and our sole objective is to find a buyer.

Most people, and there will be more this year with the new Canto layout, have no interest in our other than curiosity and our owners ( and crew) simply donít want hundreds of people walking over their privately owned yachts.

As I also said I have yet to meet anyone who asks at the counter to view who does not understand and appreciate that.

Thatís why we offer a gift should they wish to take It.

As an aside offering a giveaway Ian standard practice at a show.

Ours are good too !

Letís not start a fight over what was a simple humorous one liner aimed at JFM as I know he has often looked at the Princess range and we have one on display.

God I miss this place.... like a hole in the head

Quote Originally Posted by mikef View Post
    Agreed. I appoint you as my special envoy to the Cannes boat show and give you full permission to go on every superyacht you see and eat and drink as much as you can. The cheque book/ credit cards have to stay with me though
    I donít think that Iím going to get the invitation. And I didnít even mention my dog

Have you checked that dogs are allowed ? Monaco Yacht Show only allows small dogs and yes thatís in the FAQs !!

Quote Originally Posted by Time Out View Post
    It’s a good job a know this forum inside out and can deal with the nonsense.
    I couldn't be more far from wishing to start a fight - in fact I didn't: I just confirmed my understanding of what MrB said.
    Besides, personally I see nothing wrong in your approach, including the gadget offer.

But you'd better come to terms with the fact that offering a cap "instead" to someone who wish to view a boat does sound condescending, no matter what.
    And if someone highlights that, you can't dismiss it as a nonsense, because it's true.
    Last edited by MapisM; 06-09-19 at 07:09.

Have you checked that dogs are allowed ? Monaco Yacht Show only allows small dogs and yes thatís in the FAQs !!
    So if a serious buyer of a forty metre boat turns up with a dog they wouldnít be admitted ? Even the ones who arrive by helicopter to avoid the queues ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bouba View Post
    So if a serious buyer of a forty metre boat turns up with a dog they wouldn’t be admitted ? Even the ones who arrive by helicopter to avoid the queues ?
    blimey, give Time Out a break, he's trying to be fairly open and reasonable

It’s a good job a know this forum inside out and can deal with the nonsense.

I was asked a question about how do you qualify ( if you can) someone who wants to look at a large +30 metre BROKERAGE yacht.

I explained OUR process that includes speaking to anyone and spending time with them understanding their needs this includes showing them the yacht.

I also explained that it’s far easier to spot someone that has no purchasing interest and they often volunteer that themselves.

We have a large selection of giveaways items in the counter including caps and we are happy to offer a cap or similar if we have to decline a viewing.

As I said these are not new yachts these are owned vessels and our sole objective is to find a buyer.

Most people, and there will be more this year with the new Canto layout, have no interest in our other than curiosity and our owners ( and crew) simply don’t want hundreds of people walking over their privately owned yachts.

As I also said I have yet to meet anyone who asks at the counter to view who does not understand and appreciate that.

That’s why we offer a gift should they wish to take It.

As an aside offering a giveaway Ian standard practice at a show.

Ours are good too !

Let’s not start a fight over what was a simple humorous one liner aimed at JFM as I know he has often looked at the Princess range and we have one on display.

God I miss this place.... like a hole in the head
    Well said .
    I don’t know why people are continuing getting so up set about this ?
    Perhaps if those critical of the whole “ qualification “ thing could attempt somewhat to put themselves in the sellers shoes .
    It’s a used boat section previously across the bay in the other port .
    The broker i assume has all ready invited known prospects scattered throughout the days and obviously on top of theses there gonna be walk ons .
    Ironically a walk on motivated by being 9issed off by a competitor .

Anyhow some one once told me ( adding to the quali “argument “ ) they the sales guys look at your watch and shoes as a starter .I know book by its cover but that the clothes the major visual that can be deceiving , the wrist and feet aren’t dumbed down so are a give away ........... just saying guys .
    Last edited by Portofino; 06-09-19 at 07:44.

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    I couldn't be more far from wishing to start a fight - in fact I didn't: I just confirmed my understanding of what MrB said.
    Besides, personally I see nothing wrong in your approach, including the gadget offer.

But you'd better come to terms with the fact that offering a cap "instead" to someone who wish to view a boat does sound condescending, no matter what.
    And if someone highlights that, you can't dismiss it as a nonsense, because it's true.
    I disagree, perhaps I should word it differently.

Itís offered as its on the counter in fact 99% ask before itís offered.

Itís not offered as a replacement for lack of visit offered as a gesture.

Our hands are tied slightly as we only offer pre owned yachts for sale of a certain size and can only offer viewings for visitors with a serious purchasing interest. Letís jot go into how we tell again as I said itís different from the main stream.

Jeez talk about thread drift ! But thatís what this place is known for.

Nothing would please me more than being offered a cap from Riva upon being declined access to their stand ! And I own a Rivale ! Albeit a four wheeled version

Anyhow I look forward to seeing you all there at some stage.

To add those that know me ( thatís most on here ) know I would never be condensing to anyone that came into the stand.

Have a good day !

Quote Originally Posted by NGM View Post
    blimey, give Time Out a break, he's trying to be fairly open and reasonable
    Itís not Time Out, itís the whole boat show thing where all the big boat passerelles are raised just out of reach. Kind of a metaphor for life

Jeez talk about thread drift !
    LOL, yeah, and talk about when in a hole, stop digging...
    What part of "I see nothing wrong in your approach, including the gadget offer" is difficult to understand?
    That doesn't change the fact that qualifying your previous statement as condescending is hardly a nonsense.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast