Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 100
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    17,478

    Default Re: Is anybody going to Cannes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bouba View Post
    It’s not Time Out, it’s the whole boat show thing where all the big boat passerelles are raised just out of reach. Kind of a metaphor for life
    Amen.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Uxbridge
    Posts
    3,789

    Default Re: Is anybody going to Cannes?

    I don't post on here much any more as the threads tend to descend into an abyss of side tracks usually concluding with complex mathematical formulae.....

    So back on topic. We are there for a few days staying in a little apartment in the old town. Went two years ago and found it enjoyable. Totally understand how the "qualifying" process works and found no problem what so ever. It helps that I own a boat and know the pointy bit is called a bow. Also fully understand the difference between a specific one off used boat being sold on brokerage and a manufacturer selling their product to a long term market.

    Southampton follows closely afterwards so it's going to be a real boat fest in the run up to my birthday.

    A friend who I haven't seen for a while has his new boat, an Extra 86 there and we are having dinner on board Thursday which will be fun. I'm also looking forward to seeing Sirena Yachts again after Düsseldorf. I think they have their new 88 on show which looks very different on paper. I'll see if I can prise a quick peek.

    Princess are of course my anchor point of familiarity. Last time I didn't see anything in their genre which tempted me away but as with 2017 the whole reason for going is to open my horizons. Em's starts university this month and a new chapter awaits.....

  3. #43
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Malta - Med Sea
    Posts
    3,626

    Default Re: Is anybody going to Cannes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Portofino View Post
    Anyhow some one once told me ( adding to the quali “argument “ ) they the sales guys look at your watch and shoes as a starter .I know book by its cover but that the clothes the major visual that can be deceiving , the wrist and feet aren’t dumbed down so are a give away ........... just saying guys .
    They might be wrong in this as my best clients all run with a Swatch or Iwatch in there hands, and shoes is not really ter forte.
    But to each his own. Also the richer you are the less you try to impress normally. Rich as in being rich for a very long time, and never failed as in the first recession makes when you acquired wealth.

    Anyways the quote I always get from rich man is the following, and may be it can say a lot how real rich people work;
    Take Care of the Pennies and the Pounds Will Take Care of Themselves.

    But I can understand especially in this case, it is a brokerage boat owned by a private owner, so it is different from a boat builder participating in boat shows.
    As a broker I can understand that the selection process is hard, even for someone like me who is selling boats in the around fifteen meter size.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    563

    Default Re: Is anybody going to Cannes?

    Quote Originally Posted by PowerYachtBlog View Post
    They might be wrong in this as my best clients all run with a Swatch or Iwatch in there hands, and shoes is not really ter forte.
    But to each his own. Also the richer you are the less you try to impress normally. Rich as in being rich for a very long time, and never failed as in the first recession makes when you acquired wealth.

    Anyways the quote I always get from rich man is the following, and may be it can say a lot how real rich people work;
    Take Care of the Pennies and the Pounds Will Take Care of Themselves.

    But I can understand especially in this case, it is a brokerage boat owned by a private owner, so it is different from a boat builder participating in boat shows.
    As a broker I can understand that the selection process is hard, even for someone like me who is selling boats in the around fifteen meter size.
    Indeed, the Apple watch is the game changer making it even harder if you are on the watch spot. it's about the strap when they roll up with an Apple watch!

  5. #45
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Uxbridge
    Posts
    3,789

    Default Re: Is anybody going to Cannes?

    I make it nice and easy for people.

    Life is hard enough....

    Henry :-)

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    563

    Default Re: Is anybody going to Cannes?

    Quote Originally Posted by henryf View Post
    I make it nice and easy for people.

    Life is hard enough....

    Henry :-)
    Which was my original point, those with a genuine interest in the 30m+ market make it known by their knowledge and experience. Those with no experience or knowledge but want to engage invest their time with us to establish what they want and need.

    Now does anyone know what Swatch stand for?

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    SoF
    Posts
    9,470

    Default Re: Is anybody going to Cannes?

    I always thought it was Swiss Watch

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    563

    Default Re: Is anybody going to Cannes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bouba View Post
    I always thought it was Swiss Watch
    technically it is, but thats not the reason.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    54,656

    Default Re: Is anybody going to Cannes?

    Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    Now, why do I have the funny feeling that by the latter you actually mean wives?
    Ok, maybe not in your business, I suppose. But still...
    Actually I meant business. Has anyone got a wife who hangs around at the back not saying anything? If you find one I'll marry her

  10. #50
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    54,656

    Default Re: Is anybody going to Cannes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Time Out View Post
    Indeed, the Apple watch is the game changer making it even harder if you are on the watch spot.
    Again I'm interested. Leaving aside the Apple watch conundrum, which watches qualify somebody and which don't?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest YBW News

Find Boats For Sale

to
to