Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Default Re: Is anybody going to Cannes?

After yesterday’s terrible weather it was amazing how hot it was at Cannes! Best time to enter the show is lunchtime, before that the queue is horrific. But at lunch there is nobody
    I didn’t bother looking at boats () I was just there for research, passerelle research and air con research. I only took one photo

It’s not a good pic because of the bright sun and my crappy camera phone but nonetheless I thought it was the prettiest boat there
    When you see all those shiny shiny so shiny boats, do you a) feel inspired to polish your own boat till it looks like a new pin b) get so so depressed that you can’t bear to look at your own boat ever again because there is no way in hell that you can ever get it that shiny again c) buy a new boat
    We all know that English is the language of boat shows, what’s surprising is that Italian is a very close second.
    Are boat shows the only time pretty girls talk to me these days?
    Anyhow just some rambling thoughts on two hours at a boat show that’s so big that two days couldn’t do it justice
    Neither a Leaver or Remainer be

Quote Originally Posted by Bouba View Post
    When you see all those shiny shiny so shiny boats, do you a) feel inspired to polish your own boat till it looks like a new pin b) get so so depressed that you canít bear to look at your own boat ever again because there is no way in hell that you can ever get it that shiny again c) buy a new boat
    I feel inspired to suggest to my SWMBO that we spend our pension savings on a superyacht. She gives one of those looks that all husbands know and thats the end of the conversation

I tried the same with a caravan😕

Yesterday was up there with the top three worst boats show days I have ever had. Hurricane and floods were one and two. Non stop rain, at times insanely heavy, made yesterday number three ! However we still had a number of visitors!

A good show so far and plenty of caps still to go

What a great day. A rather pointless queue to get in as security worked the theory that the longer they make wait the safer it is but things went uphill from there.

Spent a while with Sirena Motor Yachts looking at the 58, 64 and new 88. Had a lovely catch up with Princess and looked round the new 50 which is potentially a really good boat - I was actually a bit surprised at just how good.

Saw the new Fairline F/line 33 as well as the Squadron 68. The 33 will generate a bit of discussion.....

Spent some time on Morrana 1, an Extra 76 thatís just completed her first season chartering in the Med. Experienced my first trip out and dinner on board being looked after by her delightful crew. The world is a truly wonderful place when embraced by the team as a summers day draws to itís close off the coast of Cannes.

Being part of the circus of boats on sea trials during Cannes festival is a memory I will cherish. Loads of photos and video, sadly this forum doesnít easily support. Still have two more days to go. Havenít even scratched the surface yet.....

Henry

@Henry try this ....
    https://postimages.org/

You want “ hot link for forums “ for full screen .

Quote Originally Posted by Bouba View Post
    I thought it was the prettiest boat there
    How refreshing to hear such opinion. Boatbuilders nowadays seem to believe that being somehow "different" attracts more buyers than sheer beauty.
    As a result, none of the modern dayboats which were also debated here is as nice as this Comitti, which in a sense is just a modern copy of the Aquarama...

A very quick video from last night filmed and edited on the iPhone so please donít judge too harshly. Being part of the whole Cannes early evening circus was a fantastic experience.

Some really interesting and different stuff out here. Some of it is pure madness, other boats are to die for with a price tag to match.

Henry

Looks good thx .
    I,ve just tenanted my 50 ft berth across the bay in La Napoule on a 24 month contract to a P 50 owner .
    Are you now not tempted to start a Med experience in the CdA ?
    Most weather is like today , big blocking highs blue sky light breeze .

I totally get the lifestyle it is very appealing. Being honest for me I still worry about the cost and the hassle of mooring availability.

Iíve only popped here for a couple of days so donít claim to have my feet under the table properly. It would be nice to experience some Med boating at some point but not as a commuter. Iíd want to be based there for a while full time.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast