Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Isle of Wight, best hardstanding for maintenance?

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    try Richardson's at island harbour, Newport, boat lift in a locked basin, good chandlers, skilled knowledgeable workforce if help is required and crane access if needed, they have a small one and a cherry pickeras well as the mobile lift

https://www.richardsonsyacht.co.uk/
    Thanks that looks a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    try Richardson's at island harbour, Newport, boat lift in a locked basin, good chandlers, skilled knowledgeable workforce if help is required and crane access if needed, they have a small one and a cherry pickeras well as the mobile lift

https://www.richardsonsyacht.co.uk/
    I had some stuff done at Richardsons, very good, especially liked the chandlery and their engineers were good.
    The marina is nice too, short walk to the Folly, wifi a bit hit and miss.

Quote Originally Posted by JBJag27 View Post
    I had some stuff done at Richardsons, very good, especially liked the chandlery and their engineers were good.
    The marina is nice too, short walk to the Folly, wifi a bit hit and miss.
    Thanks for your comments, I had previously written off going there because the public footpath goes through the marina hard standing, but now I see Richardsons is a seperate yard, so looking good. And they have a cherrypicker

+1 for Richardson's at Island Harbour Marina. Terry was very helpful and available via email or phone as they did quite a bit of work for me last winter when I was living overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by BobsFolly View Post
    +1 for Richardson's at Island Harbour Marina. Terry was very helpful and available via email or phone as they did quite a bit of work for me last winter when I was living overseas.
    I shall call them first, thanks for the recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohlin Karcher View Post
    Thanks that looks a good one.
    We are on A21 in the marina, Birchwood TS37 'Miratea', 24/7 usually.

edited to add. if you join IHYC it gives local discounts including at Richardsons and drinks at the 'Breeze' restaurant.
    Last edited by Robin; 05-09-19 at 19:41.
    Sermons from my pulpit are with tongue firmly in cheek and without any warranty!

Quote Originally Posted by Ohlin Karcher View Post
    Thanks for your comments, I had previously written off going there because the public footpath goes through the marina hard standing, but now I see Richardsons is a seperate yard, so looking good. And they have a cherrypicker
    I'm sure if you ask you can get in the yard behind the gate, I was opposite the office.
    But it's not like it's all locked in behind fences. It's not boat-ditz.

You might well find that the chandler on site is a bigger gain than the small risk of crime. Anywhere else on the iow and you will be driving to Cowes for the sake of a nut.

Also, having been to a few marinas where a yard attached would have been useful, the setup they have there is certainly a rare thing.

Double check on the cherry picker though, I don't remember seeing one and it was only this May.

Quote Originally Posted by JBJag27 View Post
    I'm sure if you ask you can get in the yard behind the gate, I was opposite the office.
    But it's not like it's all locked in behind fences. It's not boat-ditz.

You might well find that the chandler on site is a bigger gain than the small risk of crime. Anywhere else on the iow and you will be driving to Cowes for the sake of a nut.

Also, having been to a few marinas where a yard attached would have been useful, the setup they have there is certainly a rare thing.

Double check on the cherry picker though, I don't remember seeing one and it was only this May.
    thanks JBJag

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12