Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How to Steer - if you have a chart plotter, don't bother with this thread

NOW I TOLD YOU, IF YOU HAVE A CHART PLOTTER YOU DON'T NEED TO SEE THIS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocUD07fvf48
    www.crossingthethamesestuary.com

Default Re: How to Steer - if you have a chart plotter, don't bother with this thread

Default Re: How to Steer - if you have a chart plotter, don't bother with this thread

[quote=tillergirl;6900168]now i told you, if you have a chart plotter you don't need to see this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocud07fvf48

I DONíT HAVE A CHART PLOTTER ON THE UK BOAT‼️

ps the video is not available
    Last edited by nortada; 06-09-19 at 17:29.
    🇵🇹Neither a Remainer or a Leaver be. Hoping for the best but planning for the worst✔️

[QUOTE=nortada;6901292]
    Quote Originally Posted by tillergirl View Post
    now i told you, if you have a chart plotter you don't need to see this.

I DON’T HAVE A CHART PLOTTER ON THE UK BOAT‼️

Possibly because it's not the same video. Anyway, this steering lark is too complicated for me; I'll stick to my autopilot.
    Far away is near at hand in images of elsewhere

Was it Mr Cholmondley-Warner doing the commentary ?
    Last edited by LONG_KEELER; 06-09-19 at 20:26.
    It is never too late to have a happy childhood. Buy a boat.

[QUOTE=nortada;6901292]
    now i told you, if you have a chart plotter you don't need to see this.

I DON’T HAVE A CHART PLOTTER ON THE UK BOAT‼️

It's available. You not using an i thingy are you? Pleased to see you don't have a chart plotter on the UK Boat - the implication is that you have do have a plotter on the overseas' boat. Don't tell me that, please, please. T'ish, t'ish.

[QUOTE=tillergirl;6901440]
    Quote Originally Posted by nortada View Post

It's available. You not using an i thingy are you? Pleased to see you don't have a chart plotter on the UK Boat - the implication is that you have do have a plotter on the overseas' boat. Don't tell me that, please, please. T'ish, t'ish.
    He's missing some capitals. Obviously missed out on his anti-viago vaccinations. I know some quite respectable people with plotters.
    Far away is near at hand in images of elsewhere

Yes, as usual, using my iPad.✔️

Just a straight statement about the UK boat no implications about the boat in Portugal.
    🇵🇹Neither a Remainer or a Leaver be. Hoping for the best but planning for the worst✔️

[QUOTE=johnalison;6901458]
    He's missing some capitals. Obviously missed out on his anti-viago vaccinations. I know some quite respectable people with plotters.
    Two important responses:

No vaccinations missed. It's just the cause of all the daily pills. With the diuretic I don't have the time for a plotter.

The reference to plotters was a test. I just wondered if I provoked chart plotter owners they would all open the thread.

On a serious, very important question: isn't the wheel rather small. Given that there was a warning not to jerk the wheel - that was 'jerk the wheel' not about the 'jerk with the wheel' - was the wheel deliberately small so it wouldn't be damaged giving a big jerk. At the end of the film where the craft (destroyer?) zooms past close, given the helmsman can't see nuffin I would like to be sure the officer in command was under control!

This is the man on whose "new" vessel has so many devices (two plotters and one fish finder) that you can barely see ahead...

Talk about making your survey cox'n's job harder....
    Larry Botheras

Colvic Victor 35 "Gladys"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast