Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Can't access Navionics charts on mobile device without data connection.

Been using Navionics apps since they were published. I now find I can't use the app without logging in online. This is a change as previously from two weeks ago I was always able to use the app offline. Pretty inconvenient when you are in an area with poor mobile reception. In fact I would go so far as to say totally irresponsible to find I suddenly have no access to the charts. Fortunately I have a full set of paper charts. Anyone else had this problem.

Winter in Falmouth, summer on board Rampage.

Default Re: Can't access Navionics charts on mobile device without data connection.

Just tried it offline, no problems accessing already downloaded charts. What iOS version are you using, as there seems to have been some problems recently with older iOS versions.

Gone Sailing -on the move exploring SE Asia

Default Re: Can't access Navionics charts on mobile device without data connection.

You need to download the charts for offline use. If you have used the area you are looking at when online it is in the cache. If it's a new area you need to use online first or use the download option in the menu.

A poa but it has always worked this way.

Delete and reload the app. I've had the Navionics app for several years Android version. I can use the app and previously loaded charts without internet access but can't download any new charts.

Been using the android app for years. All the charts are downloaded. The introductory screen has changed since last week. The continue off line option has gone. This is happening on two different devices. I was getting messages for the last year saying charts won't be updated but they were still updating. Same thing with my Europe charts. Great app and charts but all the logging in and community edits stuff is a complete waste of time.

With the new app installed on both devices base maps and revisions are the same. Tablet is still updating maps but phone version wants money before it will update.

Gone Sailing -on the move exploring SE Asia

Don't update, download the charts you have previously paid for...

You. Will not get updates but you6get the charts. MMe sure you use the correct. Login.

I had trouble getting beyond the login after a fresh install.
    App closed several times but eventually I got it started and I was then able to download the maps.

Can't recall if I had some special approach though...

Previously unlooked at area have not downloaded, have little detail and are “greyed”. Zoom in and with an internet connection will download and become white. Even if your subscription is out of date but this area has originally been paid for.
    That is how they used to work.
    Not sure about latest as I have just renewed my subscription
    You could try to “Restore original purchase”

Navionics is rapidly becoming Garminised; i.e. screw the customer for for every penny, a far cry from that company's original ethos of excellent customer support. I lost Sonar charts a couple of weeks ago but I can still view and update my purchased areas off line, for now.
    I'd rather be tethered to a pad eye than tethered to an iPad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast