Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Can't access Navionics charts on mobile device without data connection.

Quote Originally Posted by KAM View Post
    Been using Navionics apps since they were published. I now find I can't use the app without logging in online. This is a change as previously from two weeks ago I was always able to use the app offline. Pretty inconvenient when you are in an area with poor mobile reception. In fact I would go so far as to say totally irresponsible to find I suddenly have no access to the charts. Fortunately I have a full set of paper charts. Anyone else had this problem.
    As others said they can be used offline that's the idea. I purchased an android tablet I think its about 8 inch, works great, much more space.

Default Re: Can't access Navionics charts on mobile device without data connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Poignard View Post
    How do you do that, please?

My tablet keeps displaying a message that I am running out of memory even though I have a 32Gb SD card plugged into it.

It is at the bottom of Settings menu as a coloured bar. I have done it in Tablet and phone.
    Eastern Scotland and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom35 View Post
    As others said they can be used offline that's the idea. I purchased an android tablet I think its about 8 inch, works great, much more space.
    On the new app if you purchase a subscription can you download and use the offline map on multiple devices?
    When the subscription runs out I guess no more offline map download capability

Just to reiterate. I was using the old UK HD app not Boating HD. It looks like they have finally killed off the old app. All working normally now with Boating HD. Thanks for the replies.

I'm not at all clear about the subscription system. I've recently received a notification that my subscription has expired but I still have off line access to all the chart areas I've opened. I'm assuming I'll keep my access but not be able to update.

This seems to confirm my assumption.
    "Download chart layers that reside on your device even after expiration." (From Navionics website)

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAfloat View Post
    In Navionics

Menu>Settings>Storage Location

The Storage Location option may not be there immediately on startup, on my set up it takes a few minutes to recognise the external SD card.
    Many thanks for that.

I've used my Android Navionics for AIS for the first time this cruise and without CPA or TCPA it's a rubbish implementation. However, I've just received an email from Navionics to say that the AIS implementation has been updated again but it doesn't specifically say that CPA/TCPA has been included. I'll do the update and check it out when I have a better connection.

Richard
    Last edited by RichardS; 18-09-19 at 06:59.

Yes, just looked now includes target vector display option, set for six minute course projection

Quote Originally Posted by Daverw View Post
    Yes, just looked now includes target vector display option, set for six minute course projection
    I've just updated and still no CPA/TCPA which seems a big omission.

I couldn't see any target vectors even though it is turned on in the menu so I'll need to fiddle around a bit more.

Richard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123