Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Can't access Navionics charts on mobile device without data connection.

While exploring navionics today With data and WiFi turned off mine loaded up just the base map and no detail. It was a little obstinate at first but did then load the detailed chart including user edits etc.

One thing I discovered was that It is now possible to direct Navionics to use the external memory. About 500 mb moved!!!!!
    Last edited by Bilgediver; 12-09-19 at 13:42.
    Eastern Scotland and beyond.

Default Re: Can't access Navionics charts on mobile device without data connection.

Assume that is the android version that you are using that allows external storage?

Quote Originally Posted by Daverw View Post
    Assume that is the android version that you are using that allows external storage?
    Yes... It has only appeared in the menu recently.
    Eastern Scotland and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Bilgediver View Post
    While exploring navionics today With data and WiFi turned off mine loaded up just the base map and non-retail. It was a little obstinate at first but did then lad the detailed chart including g user edits etc.

One thing I discovered was that It is now possible to direct Navionics to use the external memory. About 500 mb moved!!!!! TV
    How do you do that, please?

My tablet keeps displaying a message that I am running out of memory even though I have a 32Gb SD card plugged into it.
    "Brexit: like watching a library being burned down by people who can't read"

Great news how you move it to SD card?
    While exploring navionics today With data and WiFi turned off mine loaded up just the base map and non-retail. It was a little obstinate at first but did then lad the detailed chart including g user edits etc.

One thing I discovered was that It is now possible to direct Navionics to use the external memory. About 500 mb moved!!!!! TV

Quote Originally Posted by Poignard View Post
    How do you do that, please?

My tablet keeps displaying a message that I am running out of memory even though I have a 32Gb SD card plugged into it.
    In Navionics

Menu>Settings>Storage Location

The Storage Location option may not be there immediately on startup, on my set up it takes a few minutes to recognise the external SD card.
    Last edited by HappyAfloat; 11-09-19 at 19:47.

That's a handy tip, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAfloat View Post
    In Navionics

The Storage Location option may not be there immediately on startup, on my set up it takes a few minutes to recognise the external SD card.
    Thanks HA
    "Brexit: like watching a library being burned down by people who can't read"

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAfloat View Post
    In Navionics

No menu option for that on an iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    No menu option for that on an iPad
    iPad doesn't have external memory
    Slow movements, No shouting, Smile; then even this maneuver looks like intended

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast