Default Anyone got an old Plastimo Inflatable?

Reason for asking is that having spent daft ammounts of time glueing up my last two tenders, Ive cracked and not going to go for the cheapest again.

Ive wandered around our marina and seen a few obviously older Zodiacs that look in good nick. No seams coming apart, strong pads firmly attached, etc. So a good clue as to their longevity.

Cant find an old Plastimo to compare though. Our onsite Chandlers can do Plastimo but not Zodiac so getting a Z one here would be a bit of a pain.

So, how does your old Plastimo tender stand up? Ta in advance.

Default Re: Anyone got an old Plastimo Inflatable?

We have an older plastimo dinghy, probably 20 yrs old, compared to everything else in my life, i regard it as brand spanking new, anyway, think its a 2.4 model, slatted floor, inflatable seat, strong decent motor mount on transom.

Tubes and material is good.

We dont use it tons and is always stored in the quarter berth or pilot berth (yes my boat is double the dingy's age)
    and its usually washed of salt water after use but its good, no quality or seam issues, stays 100% inflated on any of our week long journeys. I love it. Quite heavy to haul about downstairs but guess they all are.
    Rowing is not one of its strong points but with a 3.3, it gets on the plane nicely.

I loved the damned!

Good luck with whatever you go for.

Happy with mine, had it around 4 years. Ours broke around the joint bit but rather than replace them I wound some aluminium strip around the joint and secured this with jubilee clips. Otherwise no issues.

Thanks for the tips.

Bombard seem to last as long as Zodiacs, but I'd guess that they'll be equally hard to source out there as they're from the same factory as Zodiac. The parent owns Avon too, but they're made elsewhere byw.

Buy an old Avon in good condition, built with decent materials when quality meant something. I have had no need for mine for 5-6 years but have kept it just in case I return to a bigger boat. I should sell it really... but it's such a nice thing to have, original bag, manual, pump, bow spray cover and repair kit... it will last for years.

Im afraid used dinghies are a bit rare here! Nice idea though.