Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Default Re: 3500 hours .... is that considered excessive for a 12 year old motorboat?

Quote Originally Posted by mbroom View Post
    So

So 400hp engines need rebuilt after a few hours?
    I didn't say that.
    People are more concerned about engine repair cost risk with powerful motorboats because the cost could be a significant proportion of the value of the boat.

Default Re: 3500 hours .... is that considered excessive for a 12 year old motorboat?

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Perhaps, but back in the real world it would be good to hear from anyone who’s had to go through the process you’ve just described on D6’s for real.
    Anyone???
    I have rebuilt a D4 300, due to a broken piston this year. Read more "piston broke d4 300 at 420 hours". We ordered a long block from VP. Now after 20K € lighter I have 30 hrs on the new engine and everything works fine. Warranty for 2 years for the rebuilt engine...

Quote Originally Posted by Orthop View Post
    I have rebuilt a D4 300, due to a broken piston this year. Read more "piston broke d4 300 at 420 hours". We ordered a long block from VP. Now after 20K € lighter I have 30 hrs on the new engine and everything works fine. Warranty for 2 years for the rebuilt engine...
    Sorry to hear that. However, your problems weren’t caused by excessive hours more like a duff engine.

I bought the boat from new...And please believe me for the maintenance and service I did everything imaginable. Most issues I had are due to less use...
    I make 50-60 hrs. a year, and keep the boat in a hall for about 6 month during the winter period...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567