Default Where can I buy an engine?

Iím searching for a really good reliable 90-115hp two stroke outboard. Used (not commercial use) and I would like a warranty. Can anyone recommend a good seller?

Iím Solent based but national is fine. Also will need a good place to have it rigged near the Solent

Any recommendations?

Default Re: Where can I buy an engine?

Quote Originally Posted by Homer J View Post
    I’m searching for a really good reliable 90-115hp two stroke outboard. Used (not commercial use) and I would like a warranty. Can anyone recommend a good seller?

I’m Solent based but national is fine. Also will need a good place to have it rigged near the Solent

Any recommendations?
    There’s a chap based in Drivers on the Itchen that services and rebuilds second hand outboards and sells them with warrantee. One man band called Andy. Pm me for mobile no.

Try bill higham marine

Any 2 stroke engine that isn't commercially used will be over 10 years old now. You mention that you want a warranty and thus presumably a reliable engine so why not go for a 4 stroke one that is more modern? Is there a particular reason for your requirement - i.e. weight?

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Property View Post
    Any 2 stroke engine that isn't commercially used will be over 10 years old now. You mention that you want a warranty and thus presumably a reliable engine so why not go for a 4 stroke one that is more modern? Is there a particular reason for your requirement - i.e. weight?
    Yes it’s weight. Boat was rated for 115hp two stroke and I think these were about 160kg so I’m assuming that’s the limit. I’m told a 60hp four stroke is the biggest I could use and I think I will struggle to ski big people with just that.

Yamaha 90 four stroke is about 160kg, latest model?

An Evinrude Etec 90hp or 115hp might be a good option. They are 2 stroke and reported to be a lot quieter and less thirsty than a typical 2 stroke. There are some good comparisons online.