Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Laying and Maintaining own mooring cost? South Wales

Hi all,

Looking into the cost of potentially laying and servicing (hopefully not myself) my own mooring. Does anyone know how much it is likely to cost? (30-40ft yacht, displacement around 4.5t allegedly). Just after a rough guestimate.

Only source I can find is a previous thread on YBW about 15 years ago so not sure if prices have changed.

Default Re: Laying and Maintaining own mooring cost? South Wales

Where are you thinking of?
    Allan
    Sailblogs.com search Brilliant with Hilary and Allan as crew. Password Bristol.

So far it's only Dale (as per another member's suggestion) that has the requirement to lay and maintain your own, but I suspect having a price would allow me to investigate more options than I would have otherwise considered.

Speak to Rudders, prices can be found at the bottom of this link but you'll probably find using theirs would be easier in the long run.

http://www.ruddersboatyard.co.uk/rudders/prices.htm
    Tom, Sundance
    2wheels1keel.com

>_> right that's it, they're being added to my favourites. (I hadn't realized they did setting up moorings).

<offtopic>...actually they're quite expensive, £1,400 a year for a swinging mooring? (35ft). </offtopic>
    Last edited by Luminescent; 08-09-19 at 16:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminescent View Post
    >_> right that's it, they're being added to my favourites. (I hadn't realized they did setting up moorings).

<offtopic>...actually they're quite expensive, £1,400 a year for a swinging mooring? (35ft). </offtopic>
    Don't forget, it contains unlimited winter storage, hopefully w liftout/in.

I would have said that was pretty reasonable with winter boat storage, dinghy storage, car parking, showers, toilets, deep water pontoon to use, Let alone they maintain and serice the mooring. I imagine most marinas are about an extra £1000.

No club membership/ duties to do or pay, Let alone wasting a days boat work drinking tea and chatting to other members!
    Tom, Sundance
    2wheels1keel.com

Quote Originally Posted by GTom View Post
    Don't forget, it contains unlimited winter storage, hopefully w liftout/in.
    Winter storage? Do you guys not like sailing? :P.

Most Marina's are indeed an extra £1,000 but that's on a pontoon with various different niceties. That said I've included club membership/duties and compared to any club, Rudders is by far the most expensive. In fact, it's the most expensive non-pontoon solution (based on my assumptions). That said I haven't included haul out fees as far as I can tell, these are not actually included in the price (if they are, they need to make that clearer). I'd be happy to make use of their other services but the mooring fees are a bit much (as are their mast stepping and washing...).

Rudders will service and maintain most moorings for what appears to be a decent price.

I do like sailing, but the boat needs an antifoul every now and then (right, doesn't last 6 months but definitely needs a crane) and I don't have unlimited holidays anyway.
    Showers+toilets are also part of the deal.

Anyway, interested if there are better deals around, where you are not expected to do club chores.
    Last edited by GTom; 11-09-19 at 21:27.

you might want to speak to Mike Reynolds at Dale Sailing, they will lay your own mooring at Dale, BUT be aware that there is likely to be a waiting list for mooring spots administered by Dale Yacht club (John Mecklenburgh)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast