Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Laying and Maintaining own mooring cost? South Wales

Quote Originally Posted by tico View Post
    you might want to speak to Mike Reynolds at Dale Sailing, they will lay your own mooring at Dale, BUT be aware that there is likely to be a waiting list for mooring spots administered by Dale Yacht club (John Mecklenburgh)
    I have the feeling their location is slightly exposed, but can be wrong. Never been there in a gale.

True though, you save a bit, but not too much if you need a liftout, even winter storage.

Default Re: Laying and Maintaining own mooring cost? South Wales

Quote Originally Posted by GTom View Post
    I have the feeling their location is slightly exposed, but can be wrong. Never been there in a gale.

True though, you save a bit, but not too much if you need a liftout, even winter storage.
    Quite likely on that waiting list, I have budgeted for other options mind.

Dale Sailing lay moorings too do they? Thanks for that!

For me, winter storage isn't needed, as I live close to the coast and I have flexible working hours/days (). What restricts me is other personal circumstances that I'll have to arrange cover for. Liftouts seem to be one of those shop around things, there are plenty that can offer a lift out but it's worth chatting I guess. Some people like to sail for weeks on end, that's great but I don't have that freedom (yet).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12